• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Poll Anxiety Over Ordering Food?

Do you get anxiety over ordering food?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes. I'm afraid of the waitress/waiter judging me, and - I am a little ashamed to say this - I feel guilty for asking people to do things for me. I have a very difficult time asking for what I need. I've gotten better than before, but the guilt is still there.

Yes but none of the above answers apply to me. My anxiety is more about the fact that I have food allergies and don't even trust the places that say they are safe. Cross contamination and all that fun stuff. For that reason I don't go out to eat often.

I used to have a severe eating disorder, and when I was in recovery going to restaurants always threw me into the biggest panic attack. I was so afraid of most foods, and even the foods I was starting to get comfortable with would be paired with other foods I was afraid of, so a typical order of mine would go something like this: "Can I get the salmon salad, with the salmon just grilled with no sauce or butter, no cranberries, no walnuts, no olives, extra cucumber, and instead of salad dressing can I have a side of mustard?" The worst was when I would spend ten minutes with a menu figuring out what I could eat, asking for it, and then they're like "It's already been cooked in the sauce" and then they have to stand there and wait for me to decide on something else, and most of the time I would get so much anxiety I would just have to leave without ordering anything. :banghead: Ordering food was so embarrassing in those days. Glad I don't have to deal with that any more.

I answered that I feel like the waiter will judge me because I order from the appetizer menu, and that is all. I am on a low budget and I don't eat much, so I kill two birds with one stone and eat a healthy less expensive meal. I leave him a good tip though, so I hope he does not feel badly about it all, but I always feel a little strange doing this. It does make me nervous.

I said yes, not sure why, but I do know why.... This choice fit the best as the others didn't apply.

I simply have problems making a decision because I constantly second guess myself and don't want to make a mistake.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back