• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Anxiety won't go away

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all,

I ended up starting to go over trauma stuff with my therapist on Thursday and it's not going well for me after. I keep getting the anxiety over "they're gonna find out and hurt me" even though 'they' haven't been around me in 8 years and my grandparents (who adopted me away from the other family members) have never tolerated them even getting close to hurting me again.
I gave up trying to ignore the urge to make a small place to kinda hide in last night and it actually helped a lot, but today it does nothing. So I'm stuck with no way to get the anxiety to ease up again.
I can try to do stuff to ground like counting be it numbers letters or colors, but I can't focus enough to go past a few from starting. All the other ways I normally use to try to lower it and one hopefully works haven't, mostly distractions and stuff strong on the 5 senses.
I feel kinda stuck. I have around 5 minutes of focus at a time before anxiety gets too distracting to keep where I was at/end up zoning out but still hurting more from anxiety. I just want it to go away and everything go back to the numb it was a few months ago. I don't like being shaky I don't like the stuff that comes up thinking because of anxiety

Hi there Earthcuddledragom. First welcome. I'm Sorry for what happened to you to make sites like this possible. I am glad you where able to join us. And show us how courageous you are to come and talk about what hurts you.

Something that has helped me to calm my panic and anxiety is to take a cold gel pack wrap it is a light towel lay back and cover my eyes and try to relax. Try to get your breathing slow. deep, even breaths. Hope that helps some.
Peace be safe

Last edited:
I know exactly how you feel, and I can give you a piece of advice that helped me. When I felt weak. When I felt as if those that abused me would find me and do it again. I would get up go to the gym and lose myself. I feel sport really helps with the calm down and channels thoughts of being weak away from you. You feel stronger when you exercise and it feels like the brain does too. It doesn't of course get rid of it. I still have anxiety but my over thinkIng was a lot less irrational than before. I recently stopped going to the gym and have realised more constant panic attacks so I'm going to get my self back in it as soon as I can. Any form of exercise I presume would help me in the same way, so find something you enjoy.

Peace and love

Hi, I find running or dancing manages to blot out most of my anxious thoughts. If you do a set dance you have to use your memory and the more complex the dance is the less anxious you will be. Anyone can do a waltz or cha cha on there own. It might look daft but who cares you can always close the curtains and its fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back