• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Any Good Natural Remedies For Getting Off Benzodiazipenes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

zzzaaabbb

New Here
After I was hospitalized I was put on Seroquel (75mg) and Temazepam (15mg) at bedtime for sleep and to reduce nightmares. I have sense titrated down to 25mg of Seroquel and I am having trouble getting off the temazepam due to rebound insomnia. I am not having anymore nightmares and would like to get off the medications all together and deal with this in terms of therapy and natural remedies.

Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Good question!

Unfortunately I don't have an answer for you. I've withdrawn off of two different benzo's without any aid.

I do know that some doctors will give you another medication (that isn't addictive) to deal with the withdrawals, but of course, this isn't "natural" and you asked for a natural remedy.

Good Luck!

I am not opposed to trying another medication to help with the withdrawls. My overall goal is to be medication free and use herbal teas or natural remedies to help with my sleep and anxiety along with therapy. I feel like these medications mess with my brain too much and I just want to be me. Call it a wierd "thing" but I have always disliked taking medications and really dislike the fact that my body is addicted to them. THank you again.

All I can say is be careful and aware when withdrawing from any tranquilizers or "downers." 15 years ago I was self medicating with a cocktail of valium, xanax, and rohipnol obtained from illicit sources and when I decided to get clean the withdrawals were extremely dangerous. By all means consult some professional recovery resources and make it easy on your body as you wean off of the stuff. They are powerful drugs, step away from them slowly and wisely.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back