1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Daily Dose

Get the last 24hrs of new topics delivered to your inbox.

Click Here to Subscribe

Anybody Feel Like This? The Verge of Crying

Discussion in 'General' started by Terry, Jan 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Terry

Terry Well-Known Member

For a long time now I've been on the ferge of crying at stupid little things, even funny movies. I know deppression does this but does PTSD. I don't think I'm too deppressed. Thoughts anybody ?

2. Register to participate in live chat, PTSD discussion and more.
  3. Claire

Claire Well-Known Member

Hello, yes I recognise that. I also burst into tears with most arguments which can be difficult. I think its just becasue I'm more sensitive to EVERYTHING! Every emotion regardless of whether it happy or sad is amplified.

Claire

4. aowyn

aowyn Member

I even cry when someone is nice to me.

5. Andre

Andre Active Member

Have the little things been the last straw when you were very upset anyway? My experience in this area is strange. Drama, war, anything very serious in a movie that caused a character to sacrifice themselves made me cry whenever I thought about it. Watching drama or comedy, if the characters kissed that would do it too. I wanted to sacrifice myself, but I also wanted to feel happier so I think that I cried because it reminded me of those things. Are there connections between what gives you more stress and those stupid little things?

6. batgirl

batgirl I'm a VIP

Yes I relate to this too Terry, especially lately. Ofttimes I will be watching something funny and will start laughing, but then end up crying. Also certain commercials that are meant to be heartfelt or whatever make me cry. This is one of the reasons I generally can't watch pleasant dramas or romance movies anymore, as I would endup bawling through the whole movie. Much more painful for me than seeing someone's head blown off.

7. Roobear

Roobear New Member

In the begining of my ptsd I would get these awful crying fits. I could be anywhere doing anything and if I had a certain thought that was it I would cry and shake for twenty min or so and then I would be fine-like it never happened. I always thought that was so strange. Once I remember I was stopped at a red light and started to cry-about twenty min later I was fine. Now I don't get them as much, only when I'm really stressed out and triggered.

8. anthony

anthony Renovation Aficionado Founder

Terry... do it myself now. I watch something, or listen to something at times, and I might even get a tear come down my face, but then it retracts and goes back in. I even tried the other night watching some movie with a sad ending, it got teary and I thought to myself, "You fu*kin beauty... been waiting 17 years to have a good cry, this could be it", but no, it sucked it back in and went away. I was trying so hard, because I know I need it.

9. NakedAnxiety

NakedAnxiety Member

The really fun time is when you are on an airplane sitting next to a total stranger watching a lame comedy but something strikes you as funny and you start to laugh... then harder... then hysterically... tears streaming down your face as you look over at the extremely uncomfortable stranger who has a blank if not uneasy look on his face which causes you such embarrassment that you can't even really tell now if you are laughing or crying but you hope you don't pass out on his lap from lack of oxygen so you close your eyes tight and cover them with your hands realizing this just makes you look even more crazy which forces you to self-analyze that you must be particularly stressed our right now because this is an extreme over-reaction to whatever it was that Owen Wilson said and now you have to fly next to this poor guy who is probably flat-out terrified of you for another 3 hours.

I hate flying.

10. DesertDweller

DesertDweller Active Member

Everyone needs to cry once in a while. It relieves all those stored up emotions that we hold. Once you cry I think that a emotional weight is lifted of your shoulders. I was in the same boat as Anthony for a good while. I think when I finaly was able to shed a tear I sent him a message. I felt relieved but nervous at the unusual feeling. I think if just about anything drives you to tears it is about time some of that emotion is released. It does you no good to try to hold it.

anthony likes this.
  11. nov_silence

nov_silence Well-Known Member

My husband cried last Saturday for the third time since he was abused (10 years old, has PTSD). I guess one gets used to holding in and doing without that when the cups full it can overflow...

I agree with DD... holding it in only amplifies the pain.

12. permban0077

permban0077 Policy Enforcement Banned

Terry, when I started having to work on PTSD (excuse tupos now hands shaking pretty hard this AM) But any way when I started I felt like I could cry at any moment for any thing. Before my ultimate crash I never cried (lord I could not ever show such a sign of weakness) But me cry ha never. Except pregnant that doesn't count... I would cry over diaper commercials then when I saw a baby in them. That was a hormone overload, and would suck it back in, change the channel as it was silly to me. But therapy, and having to look in myself, start pulling all this shit out of me... Oh I wanted to cry. I got close a couple time and was thinking yes, this is it as I felt I really needed to to release all this bottled up pain. Still I would be hanging with my eyes tearing up and then gone. Nothing come of it.

I really wanted to cry, and finally one day for some reason I do not recall now I got a good one. I finally cried. Guess I am not done as it was not the relief I expected. Maybe that is why I dried up again as it did not seem to help me. But that is going to be something I work on, Because I do not want to cry at the drop of a hat over every little thing. But I think I do need to release more and allow myself. I used to get the shit pinched out of me over the back seat if I cried as a kid as we drove down the road... Or the famous, you want something to cry about I will give you something to cry about and then the hunt was on... I was punished pretty harsh for crying. I got punished more severely for crying than acting out in anger and rage when I broke things. How that made sense to the parents I have no clue.

But sum it up yes, I teeter on crying a lot. Not as much so as before I finally did have that cry. I sometimes think I am being ridiculous to cry and other times I feel like I should and why won't it get out. That just depends on what day you catch me.

Hope you can let that good cry come, it helps some. But personally it did not help as much as I thought it would, but like I said maybe I need to more. But as of right now, crying does not work for me as of yet.

13. Scott_Fraser

Scott_Fraser Well-Known Member

Hi Terry.
    Yes mate I often have a cry, I have cried more since having Combat Stress than I have done all my life.
    So don't worry mate, let it out. Better than keeping it in.
    Cheers
    Scott:thumbs-up

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

User search cloud:

1. feel like on verge crying all the time

Show Sidebar