• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Natural Disaster Anyone affected by harvey? checking in.

• Thread starter Deleted member 37474
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 37474

Now that my numbness has worn off, I wish to know that people are okay. Had my first panic about being trapped in my "island neighborhood" last night. I am so tired of this hurricane, my husband just left to try to rescue a friend who has been stuck in his apartment for a few days and hasn't eaten. This friend takes tons of meds for HIV and has ADHD. Wonder if that affected his ability to prepare? Who knows. Guessing we will be getting some house guests at some point since we didn't flood. This may send my stress cup to a whole new level. Male friends always give me this irrational fear for my teenaged daughters. Especially because beer drinking will probably take place. Why can't we rescue families with small children? Anyone else out there dealing with this?

I'm safe, although clouds are accumulating and ominous this morning. Not flooded in here, but grocery stores are running low and don't know when the next restock will be, as trucks normally come from Houston. Have two friends in Meyerland, one in Pasadena, and one in Katy and it looks like they're all about to get hit again. Hope you're safe where you are if you're in the Houston area, @TexCat. Message me if you need anything.

Just called my best friend in Beaumont, water is only a few inches from being in thier house... told her to call 911 and get out of there..... it will take time to get to everyone, so told her to call NOW.... prayers for all those trapped in this...

@ladee I just saw the alert for flash flood emergency with major flooding for Beaumont. Good idea for her to call ASAP. I know the Cajun Navy and other civilian responders with boats were using the Zello walkie talkie app to connect stranded people with boats, but looters were using the addresses to rob people. I think they've moved traffic to houstonharveyrescue .com where you can input your basic information and location for rescue.

@Thank you @dulcia !!!!! Am going to call her and see if she has this info..... Where are you in all this mess?? I think ours if over.. sun is shining this afternoon and windy.... so will dry up pretty quick as we were needing rain so bad... hope you are safe where you are..... thank you so much for this information.....hugs to you !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back