1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Daily Dose

Get the last 24hrs of new topics delivered to your inbox.

Click Here to Subscribe

Anyone can do anything they want to me and get away with it

Discussion in 'Core Beliefs / Cognitive Distortions' started by Justmehere, Sep 7, 2017.

1. shimmerz

shimmerz My silence spoke a thousand words you never heard Premium Member

Very, very wise words. To the external world I look like the most competent person ever. I advocated (pre PTSD) for everyone I knew. Except me. During the PTSD I advocated for me, but yes, I got hooked into these endless battles (a distraction?) and was fighting the 'good fight'.

I think I got healthier with this whole concept when I realized that it was eating my energy and ruining my life. As well, when I understood the way the system worked. I mean, systems are put into place, as is the dogma attached to those systems. But nobody but the system wins. So rather than fighting against this invisible force, I learned other ways around things that I thought were 'unfair' or whatever word I used at the time.

I actually notice quite a few people who have this pit bull behaviour these days. Like being caught in a hamster wheel.

I am not 'all there' yet when it comes to not biting when it comes to this type of thing. I will be watching this thread, as I feel it is extremely relevant and valuable. Thank you.

2. Register to participate in live chat, PTSD discussion and more.
  3. cactus_jack

cactus_jack Well-Known Member

Me & you both. If you saw the list of what people have done to me, and gotten away with it....

shimmerz and Justmehere like this.
Show Sidebar