• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Anyone Else Had Their Post Put Up On Storify By Anthony

• Thread starter Deleted member 28740
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have noticed that when I post something a couple of little icons pop up about being linked to twitter and facebook. I just looked at the website you mentioned and saw that one of my posts is listed. When I clicked on it, It just had the title listed. The body of the post was not there, yes, Anthony's name was at the top.

I THINK I get that this was to help with the spread of info for MyPTSD and generate more traffic, etc. That is just a guess. If I google PTSD and any other term, SOMETHING from this site comes up every time. MYPTSD has become quite the repository of information and sufferer POV writings.

Hmm. I have mixed feelings about the reposts. No one in real life knows I post here, not even my therapist. (I doubt he knows this site exists.) I know when I post that the internet is a wide open space and kind of the wild wild west of the digital age.I also know that I use a pseudonym. There are a very select few that could look up my email address associated and find out who I am and fewer still who would give a rats ass that I am posting about what happened to me or how I am struggling to get over what happened to me since I don't mention names, dates, cities, etc.

I doubt anyone cares enough to get to know me to hack in and find out who I am and the only person I really worry about getting to me isn't much of a computer person and doesn't have the necessary skills to dig around to discover much about me and my profile. I don't carry any information of national security. I'm JUST a person with PTSD. Nothing more.

Does it still disturb me when I see the little facebook 'like' marked? It makes me squirm. This made me squirm. But I also look at it and think: "it's not under my name, my profile is not linked to my facebook account" etc.

No, I don't feel safe but then again, NOTHING feels safe to me.

How is it disturbing @TLight ?

We all found our way here, somehow. Whether that was a search engine, Facebook, YouTube, Internet rabbit hole... If MyPTSD weren't publicized, it wouldn't exist. It would be a private chat between @anthony & his mates... Not a public & private forum with thousands of members from all over the globe.

Similarly, the copyright saves our asses. As it means we don't have to hire attorneys if content is published without our permission. It gives the Parsons the right to intervene on all of our behalf's if some student starts publishing our stuff, or a website does, or a troll, or novelist, or an angry spouse, etc. The copyright protects us each individually from harassment & plagiarism, and the community as a whole. Most forums won't do this, as it costs them time & money (attorneys just to start with). As a sometime writer, I see this as a huge gift given to us all.

ETA
Maybe I have a bit of a quirky view on the plagiarism portion... But I've had some of my stuff published on ADHD & Parenting... That was ripped from a website I used to post from. That, like most sites, denied any relationship between themselves and the content posted therein. Now, I don't mind -per se- I'm glad people found it useful, but it is annoying to realize that I'd have to spend tens of thousands in attorneys fees against a publishing house's team of staff attorneys if I did want it altered, accredited, or removed... Since being not copyrighted on the web = public domain? I wouldn't have a leg to stand on in court.

Last edited:
@Changeling ...:hug: :hug:

For me, when I found out how much could be made public a few years back, it took quite a bit of gentle nudging from the members here to start coming forward with trauma & PTSD stuff.

As I am older, many subjects were just not talked about in the open real time nor considered proper social conversations that had to do with the shadow sides from the victim's eyes. So I did freak too, long ago at first and occasionally still have panic attacks. Be courageous with us...f*ck the small stuff and still post.

Copyright for yourself anything that you think will sell...lol and understand that it can still be used in another country and regardless. Practice this line for being ousted in a delicate situation in social or economical circles, "It wasn't me!":clown: And finally keep up on your great post, because a true writer never stops creating and it is good practice.

Hope you are smiling.

To all responders. I mis wrote about the selling, meant other's owning and selling. Yes, of course the web, why I don't do the FT etc. Reason why when you have got the means you have a therapist's confidentiality, ditto atty. No means so was looking for help. Did not say Anthony was a predator "Beware of predators" which I haven known all to well, and still.

Q still about the "authorship." Why not ANON at MyPTSD?

@Recovery4Me thanks, but am shied off from much openness now. I do appreciate the site and the sharing, not safe for me.

@Solara
Your paranoia echoes throughout your posts. Are you unaware that there is no privacy online?

Why I find this place a bit scar at times, are reactions, judgments like this. I have never suffered paranoia. Used to be quite fearless, but with a good head and heart to guide my way. Most of that is still intact. Do tell me about my paranoia you have found in my posts. Good to understand. Like my dog would say, if you can't sniff it play with or eat it, piss on it and walk away.

Following what a dog would say is only good if you want to be one. If that is your goal, good luck to you on that.

(I happen to think highly of dogs, but I don't want to be one.)

I support your freedom to reject any feedback that doesn't fit for you. However, pissing on what you can't "play with" doesn't really help change any minds and just leaves a big stinky mess. Is that really your goal? To hurt and offend those you feel hurt by?

A saying that may be more applicable: "Burning bridges only makes it harder to get around..." - unknown

Last edited:
@Changeling
Please note how Anthony who was generally pissed on by the post title withheld commentary and showed respect for your voice.

I am following his example by leaving now...
Out of the thread...

Last edited:
I'm assuming the shares onto social media are a new thing - ie only started happening in the past few months?

When I joined I don't remember reading this might happen. I was aware posts could not be deleted... and he's aware of the 'Anthony owns all posted content' HOWEVER - it feels that the intent of that statement has been shifted somewhat?

When I joined I was aware this was a public domain; but it felt sheltered as the only real way to find it was googling 'ptsd support groups online'.... if poets made in here are thrust into the WIDER public domain, then I am not comfortable with that. It wasn't part of what I signed up for.l

I can understand how someone could be conflicted about it. I recently shared something personal and would have changed some of the identifying factors about it....had I been aware because it was very specific. However I believe that chances are very slim that someone would stumble upon it.

I also realize it is my job to make sure I understand how the site works and truthfully I hadn't thought about it much.

But it does make me leery and I will do a better job of making sure I am protecting my identity so I can feel free enough to express myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back