1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Daily Dose

Get the last 24hrs of new topics delivered to your inbox.

Click Here to Subscribe

Anyone Else Moved a Lot?

Discussion in 'General' started by pandora, Nov 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pandora

pandora I'm a VIP

just a question....I have been thinking alot about. I am 35...36 in a couple of weeks. I have moved about 32...soon to be 33 times in my life. Has anyone else experienced this type of thing....I think I have been running or searching for something all my life....not sure if this is PTSD related.

2. Register to participate in live chat, PTSD discussion and more.
  3. becvan

becvan Queen of the Blunt! Premium Member

I have moved a lot. So much that I can not count. My parents moved about every two years my entire youth, then I continued that trend until just a few years ago. I'm now staying in place about three years or so at a time. However this has to do with renting, not PTSD. Renters tend to move more as you are always looking for the better bang for the buck, better accommodations etc...

bec

4. batgirl

batgirl I'm a VIP

Well I am a military brat so I moved a lot as well, whenever my father was reassigned to a different base. Like Bec it was probably about every 2 years or so, sometimes more often than that. Then after the trauma and I ran off, I moved a lot due to running away from my family. In 5 years I lived in 3 different cities and about 10 different apartments, might be more, I kind of lost count. Now that I'm living with my family again, I do want to be independent eventually but I am also hoping to stay put for a while as I am sick of moving.

5. She Cat

She Cat I'm a VIP Premium Member

Moving.....AHHHHH the fond memories of packing and lugging boxes. Trying to remember which box has what when you need something. Lugging up 2 flights of stairs. 200 lb boxes that you strain to lift, and swear that you now have a Hernia. Unpacking at 2 am just to find your towels, and PJ's, and trying to set up your bed at 3 am and not wake the neighbors when you scrape your knuckles or pull your back out......

Been there, done that so many times, in so many different cities, and towns.....Hell I even move to St Thomas, in the Virgin Islands. Stayed all of 3 days and said, "Delta fly me home." Not a good place to raise kids......

It's so much fun to move......NOT!!!!!!!

6. EmoxxKid

EmoxxKid Active Member

Just in the last 12 months...I have moved like 8 times....thats just this last year....

lol

I understand...belive me.

Geneva

7. logan

logan Guest

i'v moved alot to,but i thought of it as my parents way buy a house fix it up but got jamed because i found us all in studden in mexico i'v all ready lived in ten different place it ontario .So by the time i was able to travel 18 on my own i left home and now i'v lived five different counties and seen a lot places because of work and such
    but now i'v dug my roots

8. hodge

hodge I'm a VIP Premium Member

Oh yeah. My husband likes to say that moving is what people do in hell.

When I was growing up we probably lived in about 15 different places. Then in college I moved most years. Moved again a few times after college. Now I've lived in the same house for nine years almost exactly and hope I don't have to move again.

9. vst

vst Active Member

Hi Pandora,

Before my diagnosis I changed jobs and moved about every three years. Somehow I have managed to stay in the same job and in the same community for almost 13 years. I have moved, but from an apartment to a home with a mortgage.

Looking back moving may have been related to my PTSD. At no time in my life did I feel "home". One of the symptoms of PTSD is we don't see any future and maybe that is the cause of the moving around.

Just recently I was thinking about moving again, but I asked myself why and realized fear was the driving force and my goal for 2007 is to live without fear. Moving is out of the picture for the time being.

Just my thoughts,

vst

10. Monarch

Monarch I'm a VIP Premium Member

oh yes, I get the urge to move often. We moved to our new house last year, before that we moved 5 times in 5 years. We bought our first house and stayed there 6 years that was the longest ever in one place and there were so many times that I told my husband, let's pack up and move to Norway, almost moved back to FL and came super close to moving to Indianapolis. never did though, staying put and now we moved 3 miles from our old house so I guess we are staying put for awhile. Now i just get the urge to run away and then I think of the mortgage and there is no way Chris could pay that by himself.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Show Sidebar