1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Daily Dose

Get the last 24hrs of new topics delivered to your inbox.

Click Here to Subscribe

Anyone Else? Symptoms Worse Post EMDR?

Discussion in 'Treatment & Therapy' started by pandora, Apr 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pandora

pandora I'm a VIP

I have read that EMDR can make symptoms worse. i just put it together, I think. I had a couple sessions of EMDR and after that i completely lost it, that is when I HAD to leave work as i could NOT function normally. I didn't think about that until now but the time frame fits. I know some people here that have experienced this, anyone else?

I know Anthony wrote on another persons post that this could cause brain damage?What type of neurological defecits are they finding? I have large gaps of memory loss, both my short term and long term are really messed up. It scares the heck out of me? Does anyone know anything else about this? Will this get better or is this just another aspect of PTSD that I will have to live with? Any info would be appreciated.
    Thank You
    take Care all.

2. Register to participate in live chat, PTSD discussion and more.
  3. cookie

cookie I'm a VIP

i did something simialr called thought=field therapy. one session. fine until i got home, i will never do that again. it made for an awful month to get back to where i was.

4. motorjack

motorjack Active Member Premium Member

i did a session and it sent me off like a rocket. It hit me like a truck and couldnt control the out pouring. I havent done it agian and wont be anytime soon...mj

5. anthony

anthony Renovation Aficionado Founder

You have to differentiate though whether or not the out pouring was a good or bad one, being is it like enough coming out that you can control, or was it beyond control to the point where your brain was literally over-loaded? Overload is bad, big outpour is good.

HollyBeans27 likes this.
  6. pandora

pandora I'm a VIP

The overload was what made me Crash and then it seemed liked after the EMDR I really crashed. I has been good sincie I have started exposure therapy and cognitive behavioural therapy.
    Thank for the input.
    have a great day!

7. Amy stewart

Amy stewart New Member

I had almost a year of intense EMDR which got me to the point of functioning and the panic attacks going away. Now I have a LOT of memory loss. People will tell me of things that happened in my past and I try and try to remember but cannot. If I had to do it all again I would have as I was in a living nightmare with my ex husband. But please be aware that the memory loss can happen.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

User search cloud:

1. emdr feel wors

2. can PTSD make hyperhidrosis worse

3. emdr symptoms worse

4. can emdr make symptoms worse
Show Sidebar