• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Anyone Experienced Lsd Related Flashbacks ??

• Thread starter Deleted member 20280
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 20280

****FLASHBACKS NOT REOCCURRING TRIPS****

OK so here is the thing! I have suffered from trauma related flashbacks for many many years, so I know what one feels like both mentally and physically.

Yesterday I suffered what I can only describe as the weirdest set of "Episodes" I have ever experienced. They were definitely not your standard flashback at all. To describe it in the best way I can it felt more like I was tripping than anything else.

I have sat here for the last 24 hours trying to think why I would have such strange episodes and decided to call my Doctor who advise me to call my MHT CPN which I did!.

She suggested that it sounded more likely to be drug related issues and we discussed the possibility of it being LSD related. I took LSD over 21 years ago.

Now I know from my own research that LSD has a half life of up to seven years. So my question is this, why after over 21 years would I experience an Acid trip???

She feels that it is possible that i have started having flashbacks becausw of my Acid Days !

Any help really appreciated.

Mr Laurie

LSD does not have a half life of seven years. LSD is metabolized within about a day, and the tolerance period (which begins after a few hours post-ingestion) lasts for two weeks or less. LSD is undetectable in the system, as it is administered in micrograms, so I would love to know where you read that LSD has a half life of seven years. The whole spinal tap thing is complete bullshit.

The truth is, nobody knows why acid flashbacks occur, but it doesn't sound like this is what you are experiencing. Acid "flashbacks" are typically composed of seeing some tracers or seeing shifts in patterns (the way you would when coming up or down from a trip), and they almost always occur within weeks or months after tripping. I have only had a few instances of acid flashbacks, but I suspect I am especially prone to them due to my pervasive dissociative symptoms. Derealization and light instances of visual hallucinations go hand-in-hand in my experience.

Ah, and I was about to ask if the 'weird' flashbacks you're having can't be related to seizures instead of acid having the lifespan it just doesn't have.

Though it seems you've found what you were looking for already, so cheers. No speculating and thinking aloud then. :cool:

@Simply Simon .As you state seeing tracers distorted images are atypical of Acid flashbacks and I apologise for not being more specific in my original post.

These are exactly what I have been experiencing these past 2 days.

Accepted I should as stated researched the lifespan of acid within the cerebellum and spinal cord of users. I have not experienced or dabbled with acid since my early 20s so had no reason to do any research. My statement regarding the halflife of avid is clearly incorrect. I based that statement on what I was told at the time 20+ years ago. The Wikipedia link clearly backs up your statements regarding this.

Having explained my symptoms and discussed the matter further with my CPN her opinion as an authority on mental health (in particular PTSD) it is firmly suspected by her that Acid flashbacks are what I have experienced and she also believes that I have a deeply seated repressed tramum memory anniversary either on yesterday or around this particular time of the year.

Thank you for your reply I have not replied until now as I have been with the CPN in an emergency therapy session as these particular flashbacks have not only caused me major distress but have also affected my 71 year old mother who witnessed them. I am a lot more enlightened regarding this now and my mother is much calmer as she attended the therapy session with me at the request of my CPN.

OK, just got off the phone with the Crisis Team.

I now know who, where, when and what will happen if I Don't get some help. The flashbacks are coming thick and fast.

I am having my Lucid moments but man am I shitting myself. Got to keep myself occupied until the MHT arrive. Either to sedate me or section me.

Well the Doctor gave me some sedatives to hopefully knock me sparko............. guess what? didn't happen.

The pills worked partially in that they made the hallucinations lessen but IT has been here all night, thankfully drugged because of whatever the Doctor gave me, I know this is all in my head logicaly but I am struggling really bad to stay in control.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back