• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Anyone had any experiences with latuda

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just recently had an EKG which showed elongated QT Interval which is associated with sudden death. I was taking seroquel to regulate my sleep (bi-polar I), which is know to cause it. So he discontinued it and replaced it with Latuda.

Latuda is very dose-dependent, and you'll really know if your body can use it or not based on whether you get a positive or negative reaction. It is a very effective medication for most forms of bipolar, and the dosing schedule for bipolar disorders is different from the dosing for depression, or for the schizophrenia spectrum.

If you have responded positively to other medication strategies specifically for symptoms generated by a bipolar disorder, odds are good that you won't have a bad reaction to latuda. But the only way to really know is just give it a shot. What's your starting dose, and do you know what maintenance dose he's shooting for?

Latuda is very dose-dependent, and you'll really know if your body can use it or not based on whethe...
I don't know what maintenance dose he is shooting for, the starting dose is 20. I don't know if I can even afford it, its a tier 4 drug with my insurance, and I don't know how much it will be with extra help I get (SLMB). Without the extra help the co-pay is $192 out of my reach. I have to have something, until now I was on the perfect med regime. He took me off the seroquel cold turkey due to elongated QT Interval (assoc with sudden death), without the seroquel I don't sleep but 2 hours if I sleep at all, and I am wired (hypo) the following day. So the sooner the better he gets me on something to restore my sleep regularity the better.

I had to fight to get him to see me again, he was going to let me go a month like that until he saw me again. I don't think he understood just what the effects would be going off the seroquel, but he got to see for himself. Last night I saw him (that's when he prescribed latuda) and he got to see first hand the state I was in. (wired with only 4 hrs sleep in 2 days).

@EveHarrington I have SLMB (extra help) with my Soc Security disability, without it Latuda is tier 4 with my insurance, $192 co-pay, with SLMB $8.30.

The only bad thing is it takes time for it to work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back