• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Poll Are You a Static Electricity Magnet?

Do You Have Problems with Static Electricity

• Yes

Votes: 69 52.3%
  • Sometimes

Votes: 35 26.5%
  • No

Votes: 28 21.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I ended up with a free dinner at a fast food place yesterday. I was getting frustrated the person making the burrito wasn't listening about me not wanting onions because they make me sick. By the time we made it to the register I was pretty irritated and ready to leave. When I have extreme emotions the electrical problems increase, anyway, the cash register completely went out and as I want carrying cash and probably was looking worn out, the manager gave me the meal. As soon as I went and sat down, the computer came back on.

Yep, when I'm emotional, I'm fricking X-man and better sticking to nature or somewhere I can't f*ck anything electronic up.

But it led to hilarious situations so I'm grateful for the reminder and memory.

This always happens to me no matter what I'm wearing, no matter where I am, no matter what the weather is like, and no ma...
It happens every time to me too. When my hair stands up I already know that I could take a selfie without actually clicking the cell phone camera . I have made my 2 month old iPad overheat . The battery expanded and Apple had to replace it. I asked my son and my friends if they feel the same magnet effect on anything and they look at me like I'm crazy ... worst thing though is my having to buy new bed sheets all the time as it keeps on piling and the thread stands up and it hurts ... for now I'm just glad there are people who I can relate to - but every night that I have to go through this it's very taxing and debilitating . Is there a remedy ?

I wish I knew if there was a remedy, Bebotmom. For the bed situation, I use plush sheets as they're super soft. I got a queen set at Lakeside Collections for $40. They still have them and I'm thinking of ordering another set.

Have you tried getting a humidifier for your home? I have always lived in a dry climate, but I have never had this problem. Mostly likely due to summers being the bone dry season and winters being the wet and more humid season. Where you live would be the polar opposite for me.

The last session at my therapist was pretty intense. I also had my cousin with me as she was visiting from another state and is my closest supporter. I could feel the energy building within me as the T and I worked through some trauma memories. When it was time to go, I reached for the door handle and felt the shock before I even touched it. I jerked as my finger felt burned. It turned the overhead lights on to full brightness like it will do normally for me, but this time a floor lamp plugged in another wall also went from dim to bright setting.

I heard my therapist tell my cousin behind me, "Every time...she does that every time to my lights. I had to replace light bulb in floor lamp by where she sits as it popped and went out last time she was sitting by it in the session. Only happens with her."

I am getting quite frustrated with turning my t v off at night as it comes back on after I shut it off if I use button on tv and not remote.

Had therapy today and T wasn't thrilled with me not waiting for her to open door for me. She said she knows it hurts me when I get zapped like I do, and it wasn't good I was knowingly hurting self. She also insisted on opening lobby doors. I did happen to notice on way out of her office that the floor lamp was gone.

I do not even move my feet when I sit in her office and know for fact I don't drag them when I walk. It drives me crazy when people shuffle their feet unless it is a health reason they do so. Humidity in the office makes no difference either.

Hi ,

Three months after the assault, I was hyper vigilant . Learning that it's jrzy

This is what i have been diagnosed with by my doctor , clinical therapist ... and reiki therapist ..it's HYPer Sensitivity ...

Allodynia refers to central pain sensitization (increased response of neurons) following normally non-painful, often repetitive, triggers . Allodynia can lead to the triggering of a pain response from stimuli which do not normally provoke pain.Temperature or physical stimuli can provoke allodynia, which may feel like a burning sensation 2) it often occurs after injury to a site. Allodynia is different from hyperplasia , an extreme, exaggerated reaction to a stimulus which is normally painful.

Yes! Every time I touch my car door (no matter what techniques I use to try to avoid it) I get a painful and loud zap. I get them everywhere. Lifting a blanket off a couch is like mini fireworks for me. I have removed a majority of synthetic materials out of my life but I still get shocked all the time. I shock my sweet little cat! I shock shock shock. Metaphysically speaking this make some sense... chronically shocked /ptsd.

Yer, summer isn't an issue for me, but winter.... my god, I touch nic and zap her, kiss her and she gets zapp...
I know this is old but...When I go to the store in the winter I barely touch the doors on the freezers/ etc or the metal on the cart or it shocks the crap out of me lol thankfully I don't go very often.

I have had 2 knee replacements and don't know if this is the reason I get shocked all the time no matter whether I am turning on the lights, turning on the stove, or the toaster oven or even walking by the wall corners (which have metal on them)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back