• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Poll Are You An Extrovert Or An Introvert?

Are you an extrovert or an introvert?

• I am usually an extrovert.

Votes: 13 11.0%
  • I am usually an introvert.

Votes: 81 68.6%
  • I am somewhere in between, can't decide.

Votes: 25 21.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

SoloJade

Learning
Hi, just wondering, do you think you are an extroverted person, or an introverted person, or do you think your personality is somewhere in between? -Thanks

Funny..... I use to be an extrovert BIG TIME. I was the life of the party. Now I guess I am somewhere in between, but I am a home body, and like to be home, with the quiet, and peace.

I used to be an extrovert, too - when I drank a lot and did drugs. Now I can't decide but usually, I'm an introvert.

I always start out as an extrovert-always. Then, I change into a definite introvert. The older I have gotten the sooner that happens. Terrible cycle.

When I was younger, I was SO an extrovert...the "leader" of my group of friends, the one who loved to play "truth or dare," regardless of what I was asked. I always made my opinion known, and was more than willing to take an opposing viewpoint from everyone else. Many thought I would go on to be a lawyer.

However, things have changed. While I still try to be an extrovert, the PTSD hold me back a bit. (How can I be daring if I have a hard time going out of my house at night without having panic?) I have a hard time calling myself an introvert, though. I always question whether this change is due to the trauma or just growing up and being a bit more mature.

I'm an introvert.

I always thought that extroverts were outgoing & introverts shy. But then I read somewhere, that really extroverts have a preference for being around other people, they get their energy, their kick out of being around people. If they spend too much time alone they get restless and want to get out amongst it.

Whereas introverts will enjoy others company, may be shy or outgoing, but ultimately they find being around people drains them of energy. To get their energy they need to spend time alone. They love their alone time, it rejunevates them.

awakening.
that's a very accurate description. there are categories too, but ultimately the energy thing sums it up. so you can be a social introvert, as in you're outgoing but you get to a point where you have to b alone to get some energy back, people drain you more easily than they do extroverts. extroverts mostly can't bare to be on their own, they are often seen as needy in relationships too, from a social perspective.

I have always been an introvert. Never really social and never talked much. I talk more with less people around.

When I was younger I was EXTREMELY shy. I would avoid talking to people at all costs, would not eat in public or do anything that might bring attention to me. My friends called me "wall flower"; I just tried to blend in with the wallpaper.

Things have improved, but I am still introverted and quiet. Otherwise, I would not be able to type this.

I think I've always been introverted, but I taught myself to be more of an extrovert when needed, such as in college and at jobs. It takes a lot out of me though, especially in the last few years when I've had PTSD full force.

In earlier childhood, I was extrovert, then total introvert in late teens up until recent years. Now I don't feel like either one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back