• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Are You Buying The New Iphone 6s / 7?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Anthony!

My better half bought an iPhone 6, last week, and we both love it! (The s won't be available in our small rural store for a while - I would have encouraged him to wait get that one for his work, but he needed a replacement phone ASAP). I've been helping him as he's not tech oriented, and having a lot of fun customizing it for him.

The 6s looks too cool! You must be very happy!

He didn't get the 6+, for the same reason - just too big.

I hope you enjoy your upgrade! (My 5c is still doing its job for what I need it for, so I don't quite have an excuse yet to upgrade, although I would love to, but you definitely must :rolleyes: :whistling::tup:because of your intensive tech work.)

:joyful: Enjoy! :joyful:

Last edited:
I always skip a generation (or two when they bust them out), & buy previous gen... Which means yes. When the 8 comes out ;), I'll be grabbing a 7. So in maybe a year. Unless the 8 is on microthin flexi. Then all bets are off!

But I really like paying $50-$200 for a phone that was $500 a year earlier, that is all nice and patched up with its kinks worked out. It was an accidental thing in the beginning, that has become my standard. I also don't case my phones as a rule, and I'm moderately hard on them. I like being able to replace them for peanuts on the rare occasion when that comes back to bite me in the ass. New phones they get all persnickety with replacing. Prev gen they practically throw a replacement at you. Win/win.

:tup: @FridayJones :joyful:
Yes! Verizon gave my husband a great deal on his 6, for just that reason. (I paid $30 for my 5c, because the 5s had just come out, so they threw the phone to me:woot:).
:joyful:

I case my phones, and use them until they draw their last digital breath. I scrounge replacement bits and pieces to keep them going for as long as possible. I've missed out on a lot of new tech, as I keep using aging equipment, but I don't need new for what I do, many folks do.

One of my T's confessed he had gotten the latest phone, and was feeling somewhat guilty about it, spending money on himself when he sees so much suffering, but, like Anthony, he is very tech oriented for work and fun, and needs a very good phone for his counseling. I told him not to feel guilty at all, and to enjoy! It's all in what we need, find joy and challenges, is a wonderful reward after dedicated, hard work, and can enhance work and life if we use the technology well, compassionately, thoughtfully...

Last edited:
I'm way behind! I have a Galaxy S3 and am scared to death to switch to iPhones. I am due for an upgrade and keep putting it off thinking I will get wild and crazy and get an iPhone. HELP oh tech savvy iPhone people. ...why should I switch? What are the advantages?

@Pottershand... You can get an old iPhone (like a 4... For $20 or less... Off the rack. But if you ask around, a lot of people keep their old iPhones to use as eReaders, & iPods, & don't care about getting damaged cameras, & picture frames, & voice recorders, & skype only devices, & serious et cetera -they don't have to have phone service to work most of the apps- and then when they upgrade again, their older iPhone just kicks around in a drawer. AKA friends old iPhone = free). Either way; Hook it up to your number & play around for a month or three. Fall in love with it? Then use your upgrade for super snazzy new tech. Absolutely hate it? Use your upgrade for android.

Big fan of empiracle testing, here.

LOL... All of the uses old phones can be put to? Is definitely one of the perks. I have two 3gs I use as iPods. One for running in crap weather, and one for "I don't care if it gets stolen" left in the car 24/7. Nother nice thing, tho... In event of emergency *all* phones can reach 911. Even if they aren't set up / attached to a network. So while I've got a lot of old iPhones kicking around put to various use? I can also use them to shout for an ambulance or police. Even if my phone is elsewhere, or dead battery, or whatever... I've usually got at least a couple old phones in use nearby, in event of emergency.

Last edited:
I've had my I/Phone 4S since new four years ago, and it does everything I need it for, so I won't be upgrading at all.

I don't use it all that much now, since my wife passed away, but it is my only contact with the outside world, (apart from my I/Pad,). so I just pay for the land line rental, to keep the cost of my package down.

The I/Phone has never let me down, in fact it's the only mobile that can get a signal in this house, all the others, (from the days when we used to get visitors) wouldn't work here?

So, I will be hanging onto my 4S for years to come.

I'll keep my 5s as I am still learning apps on it. For instance last week the check deposit app. This week, I learned the scan that converts to pdf. I decided when I learn how to use all the bells in this one...I may spring for the 7. But honestly...I have carried this phone around with out utilizing it's full potential. Need to find more kids as they are so phone savvy. lol

Hi beloved @Pottershand !

I was frightened of switching from my ancient Blackberry, and my husband didn't want to let go of his elderly LG flip phone.

We're both so glad we switched to the iPhones!
They're easy to learn and very intuitive. There are some good help books. Verizon has free classes and private lessons for customers. I'm amazed at the gentleness and patience of the instructors.
The Apps can give you so many useful and fun life-helps.

My non-tech, near Luddite husband only took a couple of hours to fall in love with his iPhone.
I hope you will, too
:hug: Much love, Deer!

Hook it up to your number & play around for a month or three. Fall in love with it? Then use your upgrade for super snazzy new tech. Absolutely hate it? Use your upgrade for android.

Great suggestion!!! Thanks, I think I will try that!!!!

They're easy to learn and very intuitive.

Awe....this gives me courage. Thank you so much!

So, I guess I better read up on "Apple for Dummies". I like my android, though sometimes it doesn't perform like I want it to. Like the latest bells and whistles on this forum don't all work. I'm usually behind in technology though, so an iPhone4 or 5 may be in my near future.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back