1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Daily Dose

Get the last 24hrs of new topics delivered to your inbox.

Click Here to Subscribe

Are You Clumsy?

Discussion in 'Polls' started by batgirl, Oct 23, 2007.

Are You Clumsy?

1. Yes, I am always bumping into things and injuring myself.

74 vote(s)
    61.7%
  2. Sometimes I am clumsy but not always.

41 vote(s)
    34.2%
  3. No, I am just as coordinated as I always was.

5 vote(s)
    4.2%
  1. batgirl

batgirl I'm a VIP

I find I am very clumsy, I'm always bumping into things or tripping or getting my fingers and toes caught in things. I have bruises everywhere. Before I had PTSD I was involved in team sports and dancing and I was very coordinated and graceful but now I don't seem to have the same abilities to dance or play sports as I used to. I feel very physically awkward a lot of the time.

2. Register to participate in live chat, PTSD discussion and more.
  3. Marlene

Marlene I'm a VIP Premium Member

Hmmm...I put two and two together with this poll. When my symptoms are up, my nickname of 'Grace' really kicks in. I think it's because the twitches and hypervigilence is higher along with everything else.

I use fencing for an example for myself since it requires a lot of balance and coordination. When I'm not having a good day (symptom wise), I've fallen on my ass, tripped, told myself to move (i.e. hand, foot) and the message seemed to get lost somewhere along the way...all while fencing. Fortunately I can laugh at myself when I'm fubar'd!

Lisa

4. becvan

becvan Queen of the Blunt! Premium Member

I've actually been called "grace" in reference to my clumsiness for years. I'm a well known klutz and so is my son!

bec

5. susane99

susane99 Member

If someone is watching me, I can't perform at all. On my own and with only me as the judge, I am just fine.

6. permban0077

permban0077 Policy Enforcement Banned

OK, fine, I admit it. I have lost so much coordination it just is not funny. Lately due to weight. I have been so skinny forever that now I seem to have issues compensating for turns and I can not see my short kids and fall into walls so mommy Godzilla does not smash them. Either way hand eye is off and depth goes very wacky at times now.

7. EmoxxKid

EmoxxKid Active Member

I do more tripping than walking on any givin day

8. hodge

hodge I'm a VIP Premium Member

I've been athletic and pretty coordinated for most of my life, but when I'm having certain flashbacks, watch out. I feel like a stumbling little kid then.

9. reallydown

reallydown I'm a VIP

I was also an athlete and on the court/field etc I was fine....but I've always been a bit of a clutz...Maybe it's because I'm left-handed...?

10. hodge

hodge I'm a VIP Premium Member

RD, I'm a lefty, too! I think that did hold me back in my younger childhood years, but guess I eventually got more coordinated.

11. Lisa

Lisa Well-Known Member

I'm awfully clumsy, always have been. In fact, I am currently sitting on a wad of tissue because I spilt half my coke on my chair! However, have to say I have hearing impairment so I am more likely to be off balance.

12. Grama-Herc

Grama-Herc I'm a VIP

It is mainly my hand to eye coordination that gives me trouble.

Do Not ask me to hammer a nail into the wall if you want to keep your wall.

If you value you china or stemware Do NOt request me to touch them in any way

13. Nam

Nam I'm a VIP

I'm not clumsy. I have really good balance, but I was a gymnast as a child and now I coach it. Maybe that has something to do with it? I tend to be very aware of my surroundings and rarely trip over toys or hit corners.