• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Poll Are You Clumsy?

Are You Clumsy?

• Yes, I am always bumping into things and injuring myself.

Votes: 77 62.1%
  • Sometimes I am clumsy but not always.

Votes: 42 33.9%
  • No, I am just as coordinated as I always was.

Votes: 5 4.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sometimes I am clumsy like now I can barelly type my fingers arent working right. I am not agitated or anything. Sometimes I have almost superhuman reflexes though. I dont know. When I was a kid I was very athletic and hardly clumsy at all. After Iraq I mess stuff up alot

What causes it I wonder? Any ideas anyone?

For myself, I found that I am inclined to not focus on the present moment... either I'm hypervigilant and eyeballing the situation and my surroundings (preoccupied), or I am not focusing on what I'm doing because I'm ahead (figuring out the next thing I need to do or face), or I'm still in something just past that made me uncomfortable. That sets me up for accidents and I have them with unfortunate regularity, but I'm working on it.

I've always been pretty clumsy. I believe fully that shins were designed for finding furniture. When I was working (during my abuse), I had another friend who was really clumsy and we were both dancers of different styles. We both did mini surveys and concluded that dancers become clumsier the more they dance except when they dance. But I'm sure the PTSD doesn't help.

This clumsiness of mine and when PTSD is turned back to stuck on (there is no off mode for awhile I know how this works for me only tho...can't say abt others... My typing skills are gone to lunch. Former colleagues say hey what happened to you? You were so smart...even friends say this...eeek...now what I need better friends? Again? So my take on this as to a reason for why it happens...is for me when I'm in the ptsd state...reasoning area of brain activity is less...but in the survival area where we are hyper aware and in survival mode...it has more activity...

I am extremely clumsy....it's pretty bad....everyone knows I am clumsy. I often have bruises all over my legs from running into things.

I'm a klutz to the degree it's actually a pathological condition... according to my super patient physical therapist.

I'm also kind to disheveled from time to time, despite my efforts to not be kind of a mess. I dress in business attire M-F but I tend to have something sticking to me or fuzz stuck on me or my shirt tag will be sticking out. Friends will just reach out and tuck my tag in... all. the. time.

I don't own a single collared shirt because the collar will always be sticking up. I've started cutting the tags out just to make life easier.

I think it's because of mild dissociation. I'm so focused on everything around me, I don't always feel my body in space or notice what's on me.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back