• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Poll Are You On Any Kind Of Diet?

Are You On Any Kind Of Diet?

• Yes

Votes: 32 61.5%
  • No

Votes: 16 30.8%
  • Other

Votes: 4 7.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Changing4Best

MyPTSD Pro
This is a simple poll to determine a Yes, No or Other answer. Please feel free to elaborate in the comments section!

Personally, I took Zyprexia back in 2002 and it caused me to gain a whole bunch of weight (from 135 to 195 pounds in 4 months!). I dieted for 6 years and got back down to 138, but I am back up at 187 now. I am quite certain that one of my dozen or so meds has caused this, but I have no idea which one. So, I am on a diet and also doing exercise again now, hoping for the best. If nothing else, I should strengthen my heart by doing this at least! Since I have a heart condition, this is important. I believe it should improve my health anyway.

Tell us your story!

I am on the 'Paleo' diet. Not that I count it as a diet as such. I now see it as a lifestyle choice rather than a diet. If one were to go on this 'diet', it is not created as a weight loss diet, although small amounts of weight can be lost. It is about cutting out the unnecessary processed food we consume all to often, and resorting back to what was consumed in the Paleolithic area. A more natural way of eating.

I started off on Atkins and have lost slmost 70 lbs. I also don't see this as a diet but a lifestyle change. I would like to lose 40 more lbs but am not being as restrictive as Atkins so I'm loosing it slower, which is fine.

The joints affected by my crash hurt less as I loose weight and I have less joint inflamation eating this way. I also notice that my depression, while not gone, is better when I don't eat a lot of processed foods. It's a way of life I plan to continue forever.

I can't say I'm on a diet, though I don't eat a lot and, yet, still need to lose weight. I really need to eat more, that's what the nutritionist says. Of course, eat healthy not crappy. More often then not I eat healthy, but not enough. When I was young I lost weight this way. Now I don't. I really need to exercise. I want to get back to the point in my life where food was to sustain me and it was not my enemy. That point in my life was brief, but I was at my healthiest mind and body wise. I just have to figure out how to get back there.

I do know I am not going to lose this weight if I do not get off my butt, food restrictions or not.

My "diet" has eliminated a lot of processed foods because of my allergies. It stinks!

I'm always trying to lose weight, but I tend to switch things up so my body doesn't get bored and plateau.

I've cut out carbs except for veggies, eat no processed stuff. I need to lose weight because my back is so bad. I hate dieting, and it doesn't usually work, so I'm just cutting out food that doesn't serve me. I know I use my weight to protect myself from relationships, and attention, so I'm also working on that in therapy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back