• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Aromatherapy And Essential Oils

Status
Not open for further replies.
My favorite scent as of late is a frankincense lavender coconut blend. I often add a magnesium chloride gel to the blend at night right before bed. If your body is lacking in magnesium, it can be a bit tingly for a bit, so beware, but eventually stops. That's why I like blending it with coconut oil as the base, and a few drops of essential oil(s). It seems to lessen the tingles a bit.

If I'm in a get up and go mode, I really dig sweet orange (or any citrus variety, really) or peppermint. Rosemary is another favorite, but I tend to keep a few plants handy and rub my hands through them often, but I should make some oil. Thanks for the reminder. :)

I got a diffuser necklace not too long ago and am so glad I did. Having that grounding scent so conveniently handy at all times is priceless. The conversations that get started when folks see me sniffin' on my necklace are quite a hoot, too. lol

Just read a bit on it since I never heard of it. So what's it do for you?
Well I actually wear Patchouli Oil and heat (aromatherapy). It has healing properties i.e. an antidepressant; sedative; and other health benefits. Used as a deodorant; an astringent, etc. Very pungent scent and @Charleh ya either love it or ya leave it! And I loovvveee it! Comes from the Patchouli plant leaf. Hope you try Patchouli Oil! Sorry took me so long to respond. Had emdr session today and it was not as hellish as other sessions. It was healing that's fo sho! JJ

Here is an informative posting on essential oils and PTSD. I hope you find it helpful.

Aromatherapy That May Help Relieve Some PTSD Symptoms

One thing I didn't realize about essential oils is that there are oils that are considered nervines, which are helpful in balancing the nervous system. I have put together a concoction of beeswax and labdanum that I apply to my wrists before heading out anywhere. I take a whiff if I need to ground.....

Essential Oils & The Nervous System | Jo's Health Corner

I also have a bottle of Peppermint and lemon, mixed with apple cider vinegar and water. I spray on my neck if I am needing extra energy. Essential oils have been super helpful to me in training myself how to regulate.

Not a problem for not replying right away, you make up for a ton of input, thanks!! I'll keep this all...
I appreciate your mentioning my emdr session being better than precious ones; yes true @Charleh, yet still *ell to experience an ugly revelation yesterday (in my trauma diaries (members) and actually yesterday was h*** from what is being uncovered in emdr T. I appreciate your consideration of my sessions. Thank you for your compliment about me making up for being slow to respond by what you said about me making up for a ton of imput. You are so very welcome, I love talking about aromatherapy and beautifully-scented fragrant oils. Mmm. Thank you @Charleh for your post about yummy smelling oils, for sho did take me away from all that lies beneath still (will come out in emdr). Thank you. Your friend. JJ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back