• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

At Last I'm Back In A Part Time Job

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes I finally plucked up the courage to have a go at getting back to work. Its only a part time job, an hour or two a few days a week but it's a start. I will be delivering locally so no long drives up and down the country just yet. I keep telling myself, BABY STEPS. I will take my time before going full time later on. Got myself a little car to run around in as well so independence is coming my way as well. Also I didn't get admitted to the psych ward at all last year, the first time thats happened in five years.
Starting to feel good about myself again. :clap:

Good for you!!!! I'm glad that things are starting to turn around....

Thanks everyone for the encouragrement. I've been doing the job for a week now and it's going great. The longest I've worked in one go is three hours so I'm not over doing it. It's great to be out and about again and it gives my wife a break from me as well, as a carer I know she needs that. Also it's getting me used to talking to strangers again.
Symptoms are at a minimum at the moment so I hope I can keep it that way, if I can't then I will just deal with it !!!!!!

Way to go -That is really great, Adrian ! I hope one day soon, I can follow your footsteps!

All the best, Tija

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back