• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

At The End Of The Road

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all,
It 'only' took me 8 years to contact any PTSD helpline / forums ... because I am at the end of the road, so it seems. Tried talking, threatening, separating and even not talking about it, too. Nothing is getting better. My person: married, 4 children, husband was deployed to Iraq in 2003 and soon after the problems started. We went through bad phases and better phases, but we never really had good phases. My husband won't get help, but lately he has admitted he thinks he is depressed and suicidal. He has always (since 2003) had anger bouts (out of no apparant reason), drinks far too much and reacts strange (i. e. finding himself sleeping on the floor at night, not knowing why ... ) He has recently finished with an emotional affair he started several months ago. It is not looking good, but we love each other. What more can I do or rather, what can I do? I feel terribly sorry for the Kids who have suffered also from all the tension in the house, almost daily now. We are walking on egg shells ... Do you know the way? Regards!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back