• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Natural Disaster Attention floridians & surrounding areas: take irma seriously

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Albatross

MyPTSD Pro
No kidding. Members do your precautions, stock up however this hurricane who's track will be better assessed in the next few days is still strengthening and just went Cat 5 this morning.

For all those in the projected areas over the course of the next few days... you may need an evacuation plan. No lie, this one could go Cat 6 - the first one with over 200 mph winds.

Share as you wish here... I'm putting calls out and mister is on standby to meet up with my brother to assist my mom. Her pod with her remaining belongings is at risk and needs to get gone, she won't be able to ride it out so may return to Atlanta or come back here to KY... we're keeping options open as this situation changes.

My MIL, BIL and niece are getting their plan together and if need be they'll head to family in Dallas-Ft Worth or Comanche.

Jesus this is beginning to be a f*cking nightmare for people. Everyone stay safe and stay smart. Get out if you need..... Don't stay, things can be replaced, your lives can't!!!!!!!!!

My elderly and stubborn pater will not evacuate. Okay, fine. He said he's prepared....okay....whatever that means to him. Frankly, I don't want the man to die, g&@*d@mmit. Don't want him injured either. Hurricane Charley took his home in 2004. That was pure hell. But, back then, he was still strong enough to deal with rebuilding and he was physically unscathed, etc. Now, if Irma takes his house, what can he do? Why am I even worrying???!!! He is The Man From Planet Stubborn, and I cannot go to where he is and physically drag him out of there now, can I? LOL. If he meets his end, well at least he had a good run, and there are worse things than moving on to the next life from one's beloved boyhood home at a rather advanced age. He's a "tough old cracker" as he would say, and he might weather this storm just fine. This ain't his first rodeo. Heck, back in the old days, he and his buddies used to have hurricane parties! :laugh: Not that any laws were broken, but rumour has it that some moonshine might have allegedly been served at some of those occasions. ;):roflmao:

Hopefully, I am worrying for nothing. Might as well not worry because reality is that I can do nothing except try to stay in touch with him. That's really all. It's just so g&$@***d@mned hard to know that something potentially catastrophic is heading his way and there is nothing I can do about it.

Wishing everyone peace and safety.

It's turned more east so less impact here in Orlando area thank goodness but I am slowly preparing trying to keep my head amoung all the insane panic! Orlando went into a horrid panic yesterday so hopefully it's calmed today. Was able to find gas yesrersay and it looks like that was a great idea seeing the lines at the gas station today.

I am stocking tap water and hoping the panic mob is gone enough to go out after work today to try to find some non-perisable foods today and prepared to leave if need be. Preparing everything down to my service dog in training. Supplies ready to leave if needed.

This is bigger and stronger then Andrew. Absoultly take it serious!

It's moved more east so Orlando won't get it too bad but the tail storms have started already and they are pretty bad tail storms.

I got blessed with this on the way home from work.

20170907_175842.jpg

20170907_172654.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back