• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Avoiding life and what makes life special...relationships

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a difficult subject for me. i was married for thirty six years and was quite sexually active and experienced alot of sexual trauma as a child and a teenager. I was fine but never orgismed until I started therapy and it came out that I had repressed memories of csa and I was never the same after that. I am like you in respect that I avoid anything to do with naked bodies or sex in movies or books etc. I have a very hard time taking a shower and they are always very fast just enough to get clean.

I had some times that I did enjoy sex with my husband but most of the time I avoided it as much as possible and it was not fair to my husband and I grieved bitterly over my lack of wanting it at all most of the time.

My husband has since passed away and I now live alone and am happy as a clam that I am going to remain without any more sex ever again. I am at peace with this part of my life and I intend never to get into another relationship ever again. I am in therapy and doing CBT with much good results. I hope that you can gain some peace of mind over this issue. I hate my dead abusive father and he made my skin crawl and he ruined me for sex. As long as I was unaware I was fine and enjoyed it very much.

I really wish the best for you in this delicate area of your life. I do not think you are anything but normal for what you have been through. :hug:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back