• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Avoiding the hubby

Status
Not open for further replies.

honeypie058

Learning
Having some domestic issues with my husband. When he gets aggressive I cower because it's a humongous trigger to when he had a mental health break and terrified me. So I avoid when I can. Avoidance usually makes me feel worthless because I become non-functioning. When I get that way it turns into a self-pity party depression. My poor daughters have to witness the cycle. Trying really hard not to repeat the cycle. Guess I'm just frustrated that I go back two steps in terms of functioning with this PTSD thing. Anyone get the anxiety attack then straight to hide-in-room depression?

To answer the questions about the aggressiveness, my husband and I are hitting a rough patch at the moment. When we argue my mind and body respond to the night of my trauma. I'm just frustrated with myself that after all of the years that have past since it happened I still overreact. It's something I'm still trying to conquer, the one step foward and 10 steps back dance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back