• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Baby Steps

Status
Not open for further replies.
Y

yoshixvx

Many of you know that I've been having a rough go with finding a trauma therapist covered by insurance. I had previously completely an 8-week outpatient therapy program that offered no support or resolution for the emotional wounds it reopened.

I'm pleased to report that I had intake for individual therapy today, and I should have an appointment for ongoing support within a few weeks! *deep breath* Quite an improvement from being on 3-year waiting lists and hitting a financial wall with every psychotherapist I've contacted.

And because of the network supports tied to the therapist, I'll be able to also participate in (did I mention free?) mindfulness and CBT therapy groups. Bonus points is that I can actually walk to their office, so I've just been given basically the best gift ever.

Nothing else to report, but just wanted to share the awesome news! :)

CTCHC - Their catchment area is downtown only, but you might be able to find something in your area!

Got it! Thank you so much! I am unfortunately out of the GTA in Toronto and it has been a struggle finding something in this area. I will give them a call to see if they have anything up here. Have a great day!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back