• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Bachs Rescue Remedy?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I bought myself some Rescue Remedy yesterday after hearing from some people that it's good for calming down in times of panic, and I don't like popping pills all the time just to feel normal, so I thought it would be good to carry in my handbag as I can just squirt it on my tongue when I feel stressed. I tried it out nearly right away as the city centre is horribly full with shoppers at the moment, but I wasn't too sure how much it helped really.. I was just curious to know if anyone else uses it and finds it any good, or if I just wasted £5 on something that tastes oddly like port...

This is the website's spiel about it:

"Rescue Remedy is used on stressful days where we suffer from impatience, tension and pressure. It has also been used successfully with children to stop a tantrum, before a speech or job interview. Rescue Remedy helps us relax, get focused and get the needed calmness.
Rescue Remedy are handy kept in the purse, at the office, in the car or in the diaper bag. You never know when you need it.
Pregnant women in labor have made the experience easier and less traumatic by taking Rescue Remedy.

Star of Bethlehem: For trauma and shock.
Clematis: For the tendency to "pass out", and unconsciousness, being ‘far away’ and not present mentally.
Cherry Plum: Fear of mind giving way, verge of breakdown, anger.
Impatiens: For irritability, tension and fidgety.
Rock Rose: For frozen terror and panic."

I use several of Bach's products. Not only on myself but on the dogs too LOL! The Rescue Remedy is good. I started out using it at home followed by a really quiet meditation session and paying close attention to what "relaxed" felt like. Then by association (like Pavlov's dog) I can now use it and quickly recall the calm feelings.

Will it calm a staunch doubter? Probably not. I see it as more of a trigger to help replace stress tracks in the brain with calm tracks.

It works on the dogs too, but again I started using it followed by reducing stimuli and petting the dogs. Again, I can use it during a thunderstorm or fireworks that make them nervous and they calm down; but I really think it's an association process.

Maybe we can come up with our own PTSD chocolate stress reducing product!! Release all those endorphins and interrupt a traumatic cycle. What do you think?

I have used it and it's great. I actually need to get some for myself. I was introduced to it in my work with greyhound rescue. We used it for fosters that are really scared of thunderstorms or hate being crated.

I'm always a sceptict but fairly open minded. You guys think it would be worth a try for me ?????????????????????????

Bach are a leading world provider of homeopathic natural solutions, and most of them do work to a degree. I don't believe they are as good as Chinese medicines, but they do do what they say they do, maybe just not the same on every person uniquely.

The problem is though, is that people look at them thinking that its going to solve all their problems. It won't. Even these products are a bandaid for the problem, though I will agree that taking these are better than prescription medications, hands down, for mind and body.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back