1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Daily Dose

Get the last 24hrs of new topics delivered to your inbox.

Click Here to Subscribe

Back Home and Feeling Stronger

Discussion in 'General' started by Marilyn_S, Mar 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Marilyn_S

Marilyn_S Well-Known Member

When I went into the hospital last wed. 8th I had crashed. I was afraid and confused. I am so glad to be home and able to experience life again. I know the road is long but I am feeling stronger.

"Knowledge is a drug that without wisdom creates a fool!"

I always took pride in the fact that I completed a degree in Psychology with Cum Laudi Honors, but I never really realized how very little of the knowledge I did not have internalized as a personal part of my being. Until very recent. I was recently given a dose of reality by someone who through time and sheer tenacity has become wise. I know the wisdon this person gave me will help me be strong and build character toward the progression on my healing journey. I thank that person and I'm glad to be a part of this forum as I know there are many rough days, weeks, months, years ahead. But I also know that I need not have self pity or feel shame, because I am part of a community of people who know and understand.

2. Register to participate in live chat, PTSD discussion and more.
  3. slhlilbit

slhlilbit Active Member

amen. im so glad you are back and feeling so good. hang in there. :eek:ccasion:

4. Lisa

Lisa Well-Known Member

I second this, especially the community part. None of us are alone here.

I'm glad you are back and feeling stronger since hospital, Marilyn :) It's good to see your presence.

Take special care

Lisa.

5. maus

maus Active Member

welcome home

I am glad you're out of the hospital and hope all is "well".
    Nice quote, true wisdom from whom ever said that.
    I am a physician but that doesn't help me either in preventing what happened or in helping myself to heal. I can only rationally understand the underlying mechanism and the theories, which are of no use at all.
    It adds to the helplessness and also to my feelings of guilt. I saw it coming, I had to do something, I could have prevent it etc.
    having a degree is a burden in this case :)
    hope your feeling a little better looking forward to your poems

6. Marlene

Marlene I'm a VIP Premium Member

Glad you're back and feeling stronger, Marilyn.

I'm thirding you on our community here. A place where you're understood is such a gift in this world.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Show Sidebar