1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Daily Dose

Get the last 24hrs of new topics delivered to your inbox.

Click Here to Subscribe

Back To The Grind

Discussion in 'Supporter Discussion' started by Jen, Dec 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jen

Jen Well-Known Member

Well back home after a couple of days away went and saw Robbie Williams he which was brilliant he sure can put on a show me and my daughter shed a tear when he came on stage talk about getting caught up in all the emotion couldnt believe it!
    Back home to the grind of everyday life. One good thing my son is home on leave over Xmas great to see him for a couple of weeks.
    Hubby is no different we have to sleep in same bed while son is home. That wont last long looks like stretcher will be coming out for him to sleep on says I am to noisy to sleep with. He is still very down and just sits and watches the stupid cricket. I thought having son home might pick him up a bit but not yet?
    Jen

2. Register to participate in live chat, PTSD discussion and more.
  3. jods

jods Well-Known Member

Hi Jen

Glad to hear that you had a great time at the concert. :biggrin: Bet your daughter got some serious shopping done too!

Bet it's nice to have your son back for xmas. Maybe some blokey time with your son may help lift your hubby's mood. :dontknow:
    He's in the raaf isn't he? May sound silly to say but it might also affect your hubby too if he's in the forces (talking about stuff ect) I hope I'm wrong but it was just a thought.

As for the sleeping arrangements, tell your hubby to get some earplugs!LOL!

Glad you had some well deserved timeout for yourself. It sucks coming back to reality! If your having a bad moment just take yourself back to Robbie....:tongue:

4. Jen

Jen Well-Known Member

Hey Jods oh yeh I will take myself back to Robbie anytime:thumbs-up My daughter did some serious shopping we dont have a Myers up here she loves shopping I just tagged along Im not much of a shopper.Still got sore legs today. Yep son is in RAAF down your way at Edinburgh I dont know if is to much of a worry for hubby he is really proud of him so am I. Glad he didnt join Army RAAF is much better for him.
    Jen

5. anthony

anthony Renovation Aficionado Founder

Jen, get the boot out and kick him in the arse.

6. Jen

Jen Well-Known Member

Hi Anthony I came back on line just after your post. Hubby is going to see a new Pyscho Doc Dr John Rogers as Dr Likely is booked out until March. He went and saw Rogers the other day he said he started crying when he started to talk to him.( I said there is nothing wrong with that!) but still has to wait until Feb until next appt, he wants to change his medication. He has been popping Panadeine Forte for at least the last 5 -7 years. Rogers wants to put him on something else. As far as kicking him in the arse I think sometimes I am losing the battle I feel if he wants to waste his life in front of the idiot box so be it!
    Thanks Jen

7. tig

tig Active Member

Hubby went back to work (a cop) yesterday after 15 mos off...
    (they made him)
    I'm concerned: How will the other officers act towards him?
    Will his anxiety level rise or be managable?
    What will the nature of the calls do to his PTSD symptoms?
    (tis the season for domestic violence & dead bodies...)
    I know him: he'll act like everything's okay (but inside his head he may be fighting a battle). And, of course, when he gets home he'll say it was the SOS (same old sh*t).
    I feel for him; but I can't help him (he won't let me) & I can't do it for him (I'd be a terrible cop!) I'm not his mother.
    I can only hope that when he puts on that uniform & gets out there, he takes on a "role" that puts distance between "him" and the horrible stuff out there. (We have a serial killer........just wonderful)

Anthony, maybe you have some words of wisdom???

8. jods

jods Well-Known Member

Hi Jen

Maybe your son can help with the kicking boots! I hope you enjoy the time with your family. Hope your hubby can start to heal with the help of his docs. It sucks that they have to wait for sooo long to get in to see them.

Hi Tig

BIG HUGS to you. This must be hard for the both of you. I suppose you can only take things one day at a time to see how things go. I know you can't help but to worry about your hubby but this is going to be hard for you too. Please look after yourself while this is going on & make sure you've got a friend on standby for a coffee & chat so you can keep your stress levels in check. Ahhh for a crystal ball to tell us what the future holds...LOL!

9. tig

tig Active Member

Jen, thanks for your kind words and support. We had a talk this evening & I told him of my concerns and reminded him that I'm always here should he need more than simply support. We had a nice chat, better than we've had in a while. He actually opened up-- I literally can't remember the last time he did that. One more baby step...:clap: :clap:

10. anthony

anthony Renovation Aficionado Founder

I do tig, but I am putting them all in a handy printable report that spouses are just going to love... it explains PTSD down to a tee, it explains to you why sufferers do what they do with specific examples, ie. leave partner, leave and have sex with another partner, don't get out of bed, don't shower, don't eat, etc etc etc... it will all come to you when I get this done and released.

11. jods

jods Well-Known Member

Anthony I'm sure I'm not alone when I say a BIG THANK YOU:kiss:

I can't wait to read it. If it can help me in any way to help me to understand what my hubby has to put up with on a day to day basis then it will be worth more than the da vinci code! :smile:

12. tig

tig Active Member

Diving in the deep end...

Well, hubs has been back at work (as a cop) for a few days. Some officers do take 2 steps back when he's near, and it does affect him (some anger there also). His anxiety is still quite a problem. He is able to slip into the uniform and "hide behind the mask" somewhat; however, as a Crisis Intervention officer, he still has to be in charge of hostage negotiation situations (mentally & emotionally draining), manic bipolars on crack, etc.
    He's totally drained when he gets home, and I completely understand. I applaud him for just being able to go to work, knowing what he might face that day. (BTW, serial killer has been caught!)

13. Jen

Jen Well-Known Member

Hi Tig your Hubby is very brave to go and face that every day. It must be hard for him. As long as he has support outside of work. What is he like when he comes home pretty stressed I suppose?
    Jen