• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Bad Flashback.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I started a new class today called dance movement therapy run by a charity here in the UK called MIND. I was having a drink of water when one of my flashbacks struck. It was to do with when my rapist was torturing me. He forced his p in me and made me drink his urine.
Well in one of the flashbacks I have good or drink hits me in the back of my throat and comes back up again just like it did when it happened. When he did that to me he kept his p in my mouth until I had swallowed everything, so it was going both up and down at the same time. Every time I have that.....
I think the dance class helped me through it much quicker than I would have done on my own, so I'm going to carry on with it, because I know the people working for MIND understand mental health.

oh im so sorry that you went through that. Its horrible, but good for you for being strong and getting help.
Is there anyone at the class you can talk to when/if you have a flashback? Sometimes its difficult to know what can trigger them so its worth having a plan to deal with them ie someone to talk to, breathing exercise etc.
I wish you all the best on your healing journey and hope that the therapy works for you.
*hugs* if accepted.

oh im so sorry that you went through that. Its horrible, but good for you for being strong and getting...
The person running the class is very good and she helped me through it. I also have my counsellor Dawn through MIND, she suggested I try it as a way to let things out instead of holding all of it in the way I do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back