1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Daily Dose

Get the last 24hrs of new topics delivered to your inbox.

Click Here to Subscribe

Becvan's Vacation

Discussion in 'Social' started by Cole, Mar 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cole

Cole Active Member

Due to circumstances and behaviour beyond Bec's control she has decided to take a breather from the forum for a few weeks. I believe that she is feeling very overwhelmed(re-traumatized) by posting her diary publicly and the reactions to what she feels and has said. Some of the reactions that have been directed at Bec have been way beyond what is called for. That is the reason for her "vacation". Negative comments based on what she has experienced in her life and how she is now reacting to it is not what I feel she needs. What she needs is help to cope with them(positive support). As I have stated in my intro I have been her friend for almost twenty years and this is the first time I have ever heard of her openly discussing her past which to me is a huge step to her recovery and I also understand the need to crash before you can climb. This is the first time that I have known her to take control of her "world" and what is right for her and her son and not just bow down. Kudos to you, Bec! And thank you to all of you that have given her the strength by way of words and positive reinforcement.

2. Register to participate in live chat, PTSD discussion and more.
  3. anthony

anthony Renovation Aficionado Founder

I hope she gets lots of rest.... she deserves it.

4. map9

map9 Active Member

Wish her well for us Cole

It takes a lot out of anyone who goes through what she has. I send love and hugs to her and hope to see her back better than ever. She will be missed so much. Love, map9

5. permban0077

permban0077 Policy Enforcement Banned

She needs it. Well deserved. I look forward to, and others can know now... I look forward to this Summer and seeing her when I for the first time step out of the US like we are now planning. I hope you let her know we are still looking for my papers to get my passport and I will get there for our meeting and the get away. I imagine I will meet you too, so since you are used to her I should be manageable! I am glad you have her back. She needs it.