1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Daily Dose

Get the last 24hrs of new topics delivered to your inbox.

Click Here to Subscribe

Being Around Other People DOES Help Me With Symptoms

Discussion in 'General' started by Josh77, Jan 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Josh77

Josh77 Active Member

I recently joined a church group where we pray, worship, and then have fellowship afterwards. I have found that for me (I stress the words FOR ME) getting out of the house and being around other people helps me to A)Get out of my own head; B)Get past my touch of agoraphobia (one of my symptoms); C)provides me with friendships and fellowship in order to get past my fear of other people; and D)Gets me to stop isolating and feeling sorry for myself. I have a problem with trusting other people since that was how i was lured into that place where i was beaten and robbed by those animals! Now, i have found that by interacting with other people and developing new friendships, i am slowly getting past my trust issues. I am starting to trust certain people again. I am not sitting at home crying and panicking all the time. I feel much better about myself. All this is a big part of my plan for healing!
    So I urge anyone with the same problems to find a way to interact with other people; it doesn't have to be a church group, for that is only my example. There are many ways to meet new people and find a place for fellowship. There are clubs, groups, and churchs of many different varities.
    I am sharing this because it has made a huge difference in me (along with the other parts of my plan for healing). This forum, my therapist, the meds, my church group, my family and friends, and myself all make up my 'TEAM' of support!!
    Thanks for listening, and I hope this helps someone.

Have a wonderful day, for you've earned it!!
    God bless,
    Josh

2. Register to participate in live chat, PTSD discussion and more.
  3. Claire

Claire Well-Known Member

Well done Josh. That's excellent. Yes, you are right. Its all about pushing our comfort zones.

You reap what you sow!

4. Josh77

Josh77 Active Member

I agree, Claire. We reap what we sow!!

Josh

5. Terry

Terry Well-Known Member

Good deal little buddy.

6. cookie

cookie I'm a VIP

yay Josh! i teach kindergarten, and i know that having that responsibility has helped me push myself in a lot of other areas, as i can see that i am usually much better when the kids are around--although it has taken some adjustments to keep myself on track with the lessons. lol
    cathy

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Show Sidebar