• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Relationship Being Psychoanalyzed By My Vet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sweetpea76

It seems like every time he goes through a bad time, he feels the need to start pointing out how flawed I am and playing armchair psychiatrist. I have been diagnosed by him with so many disorders, I'm beginning to get paranoid :sick:.

This has to be some kind of coping mechanism, right?

I think it must be bad to feel like the "sick one" in a relationship and it's just a coping mechanism.

What did he diagnose you as?

I'm not sure if he is just looking for things that could possibly give him the slightest hint of "psycho female waiting to be unleashed" or what.

All I want as a vet is to normalize as much as I can. The whole issue of military trauma is how totally devestating being a soldier can leave us. We live with our decisions in conflict for the rest of our lives. For many that is taking the life of another. I hope people understand how hard that is and why we need some form of normality.

I am sorry you are finding this hard. Please try and see it from a veterans perspective.

Hugs, Laurie

Please try and see it from a veterans perspective.

I'm trying to, really I am. I just don't understand how him trying to diagnose me with these issues helps to normalize anything. I obviously don't "get it," but I wish I did.

Also, I have been diagnosed professionally with GAD/panic issues, but nothing more. I have had it for years, am treated for it, and have learned to handle it pretty well over time. Just to clarify that there isn't anything more concerning is lurking in the shadows that he is picking up on.

@Santa_Laurie
Just watched a movia about Margaret Thatcher the other way and wondered how the british soldiers thought about her and the Shetland War. I heard you had a buddy involved in that war, a royal Marine, one of the first to land on Goose Green, who tragically died of PTSD.

What do you mean by normality, like no wanting to feel like the crazy one in the relationship?

Last edited by a moderator:
@Sweetpea76: What is the role PTSD plays in your relationship? Maybe he feels like the "sick one" too much and thinks you feel like the sane one and look down to him. Just guessing - don't know you or him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back