• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

"Beloved"- Venting About Doctor's Appointment

Status
Not open for further replies.
You are right-I have been in therapy for 11 years-5 with this guy. I have been feeling that our sessions were stale lately (even caught him falling asleep a few times-he insisted that it wasn't my fault). That is why I thought he had made such a cruel remark-to kick me in the ass or something-but I don't know what to believe.

Therapy has become such a major part of my routine that it is scary to think about survival without it. But when this whole thing came about this week, it really started to make me think that I am not getting better-probably worse. I hear about people being in therapy for several years, and how healing takes time-I'm just not so sure anymore.

nor

Healing takes a long damn time but you see progress. What does 5 whole years of therapy turn into? I mean y'all are sitting down on the job and he is being a rip off. No good therapist would deal with 5 years of bullshit and bullshit back for cash. That is in it for cash. You find like minded people for bullshitting like here! After 5 years that is all you have if not pushed to heal.

Find a woman to start you feel good about. Start posting here about your trauma. You can start small others will pull the vial shit out of you I know. Been there as they did it to me and I have done the same. Be willing to stay here for it and keep coming back. Let us help when you crash from it as we know how hard healing is and sucks.

KEEP SEEING A FEMALE THERAPIST who is an actual therapist... Goal being less appointments. Actually going without therapy feels good in a naughty way. For me anyway and it is nice having my training wheels off.

Thanks Veiled,

I had thought about starting to post my trauma here, but was so consumed with seeing this doctor one to two times a week, that it was too much for me to handle. I was also afraid that noone would comment and help me think things through. But, I think I will give it a try now.

It has been invaluable talking with you. You have shed a lot of light into a very dark cave I have been living in.

Thanks! You are doing great without your training wheels!!!

nor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back