1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Daily Dose

Get the last 24hrs of new topics delivered to your inbox.

Click Here to Subscribe

Best Cop Shows On TV

Discussion in 'Social' started by Scott_Fraser, Feb 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Scott_Fraser

Scott_Fraser Well-Known Member

I folks here on British TV. Cop shows are very popular. The best was in the 70s called The Sweeney. Now we have Taggart which is set in the City of Glasgow, and its the No Mean City that it targets. Then there is Lewis which is a follow up to the very popular Inspector Morse, which starred the late great John Thaw. This is set in the City of Oxford.
    My favourite American Cop shows were, Hill Street Blues, Miami Vice and of course the brilliant Starsky and Hutch.
    What are the favourite cop shows in the States and Canada, or Australia.
    Let us know what your favourites are.
    Scott:eek:ccasion:

2. Register to participate in live chat, PTSD discussion and more.
  3. permban0077

permban0077 Policy Enforcement Banned

Reno 911 is my fav...

4. motorjack

motorjack Active Member Premium Member

mine was thrid watch, law and order and of course the bill...mj:moon:

5. mac

mac Active Member

IMO, street cops are good for deterrence, and generating revenue for the city... usually at the expense of the disadvantaged- and little else. They have too much power and authority bestowed upon them... I've seen too many times where they have been given a 'free pass' after using excessive force. And they generally show up after sht happens.

6. goingonhope

goingonhope Member Premium Member

Mine is Law & Order, both the 'Special Victims Unit' and the 'Criminal Intent', shows. However once I watched as many as I did and started seeing repeats, I grew far less interested.

Also, from when I was a kid, I loved watching, "Baretta", "Starsky & Hutch", "Hawii Five 0", "Kojack".

Always still enjoy, "Forensics", "America's Most Wanted", ...and all those Crime Scene Investigates shows.

7. motorjack

motorjack Active Member Premium Member

IMO.mac i didnt think this thread was for bashing the police just tv shows.......thats right never there when needed and never there to do anything else but write tickets and make money, but always there to clean up other peoples mess and scrape whats left of people of the road.....IMO:poke:

8. mac

mac Active Member

Figured I'd share why I'm not a fan of cop shows...

9. Portabella

Portabella Well-Known Member

There are good and bad people in every profession. However, I agree that alot of police can misuse the power that they think is bestowed them. I also think that sadly sometimes there are very good people in law enforcement and they suffer from both ends. What I mean in the public that feels as you obviously do, and also from fellow officers because they feel that you are not tough enough or are "Inmate Friendly". To each his own.

I enjoy Forensic files. I also enjoy American Idol. (Oooops...I guess I went off topic, but then again I am not alone am I)

10. kers

kers I'm a VIP

The best cop show ever, IMO, was Homicide: Life on the Street. They don't make great TV like that anymore.

Now I watch Criminal Minds and Bones (not cops, but FBI--close enough!). And I miss Third Watch. There aren't a lot of shows that focus on beat cops as opposed to homicide detectives.

11. vcc123

vcc123 Active Member

The Shield.. Reno 911 (those short shorts kill me).. Its tough watching cop shows with a cop husband sitting next to you. He argues with the TV all the time... $*%(^# !! I say.. 'Honey, its JUST a show, relax.' :biggrin:

12. Scott_Fraser

Scott_Fraser Well-Known Member

My favourite cop movies are.
    Bullit, French Connection, Dirty Harry, Magnum Force and The Sweeney.
    Scott:gunem-dow

13. permban0077

permban0077 Policy Enforcement Banned

speaking of cop movies... vcc Reno 911 is hitting the big screen now. I wonder if they will be even goofier, though hard to imagine! For those that do not know it is a spoof on the show Cops.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

User search cloud:

1. cop.shows.on tb now

Show Sidebar