1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Daily Dose

Get the last 24hrs of new topics delivered to your inbox.

Click Here to Subscribe

Beta Blocker For Anxiety - Inderal

Discussion in 'Medications & Substances' started by Terry, Dec 14, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Terry

Terry Well-Known Member

Doc gave me Inderal (used for high blood pressure) about a month ago. I thought it wasn't doing any good. He uped the dose to 40mg and the anxiety level dropped about half way. It was almost like taking a valium without the drowsey. You might wan't to check into it. :wink:

2. Register to participate in live chat, PTSD discussion and more.
  3. permban0077

permban0077 Policy Enforcement Banned

Hey Terry, glad to hear it works well for you! We had a little chat about this and left it in info, you may find in an intersting read... Any added info wold be great!

[DLMURL]http://www.ptsdforum.org/thread1048.html[/DLMURL]

Me my blood pressure runs low, but they changed the standards so they don't call mine low any more but ideal. Unless I am having an attack and it shoots way up then. One of the few GOOD things on my side. Hubs well he has high BP...

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 21, 2015
  4. anthony

anthony Renovation Aficionado Founder

Just be careful Terry, its still a bandaid and won't continue to work forever. Before you know it, you'll be increasing dose again, and again, and again.... until you have surpassed rational use of the drug, just as what happens with all drugs with PTSD.

Hell, I would even recommend you try an acupuncture treatment once a week instead... as you will likely find it will do the same thing, without the drugs.