1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Daily Dose

Get the last 24hrs of new topics delivered to your inbox.

Click Here to Subscribe

Between the Symptoms - Sharing Good Stuff

Discussion in 'Social' started by Marilyn_S, Apr 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Marilyn_S

Marilyn_S Well-Known Member

Hello Everybody,

I thought it would be good to start a thread on the little joys, fun times, good days, and silly days that occur between the symptoms and struggles of our journeys toward healing from PTSD.

I'll start with one of my fun and silly times that happened over Easter. My 8 year old son and I had a great time wressling and skuffling with each other. I kept grabbing him, pulling him close, and giving him big nuggies right on his big red head! He would shriek with delight and try to get his old mom in a sleeper hold. Man that kid is good at wiggling his way out of mammouth holds of his moms big arms. I kept teasing him when he would make shrill shrieks. I would say, Oh! my goodness, I better be gentle with my pretty little girl! Oh! Let me go get a bow for your hair. After gasping and hollaring, "I'm no girl!" He'd run and jump right on top of me and get me in one of his household famous, "I got your neck", holds. He would then say, "Would a little girly girl do this!" Then he'd give me one of them dog gone hunker dog kisses. YUK! We had a freakin blast then we both became exhausted and took a nap on the couch while watching "The Grim Adventures of Billy & Mandy." Having a little boy sure is alot of fun! I'm a bit of a hyperactive person anyway. I can't even site still for a good movie. We are quite the pair to drive poor dad nuts!!!!! lol!

2. Register to participate in live chat, PTSD discussion and more.
  3. Marilyn_S

Marilyn_S Well-Known Member

The Silly Windshield Wiper!

Well! Here's one to chalk up as a funny and silly experience. My daughter's car had the driver side windshield wiper blade fly off the car. So, before she went to school today I spent 20 minutes trying to trade out the passenger side blade to the driver side blade. Well after much work, freezing fingers, and a few colorful words, I finally got the blade in place. Boy! Was I ever proud of myself! Then I told her to try it out. It stayed on OK but as we both got to looking at it a little closer, we both realized I had installed it upside down! My fingers were too cold to be mad, :brrr: when I saw my daughter cracking up laughing, we both just split a gut laughing. :rofl: She assured me in a very sly but jovial tone, "Mom, I'm laughing at you, not with you!" Ha! Ha! lol! I told her in a very nice and polite way... (warning! this is sarcasm folks!) Kiss this! :moon: We both smiled and then I gave her a kiss on the forehead and told her to get her little fanny to school! :kiss:

4. Portabella

Portabella Well-Known Member

So I am talking with my Mother yesterday and we start to talk about the poison pet food and how we are hoping its winding up and there will be an end to the misery soon. My mom then asks me what I am feeding my cats. I say, "Meow mix". She exclaims, "I never heard of that". Now just the other day she had said that she was going to buy a bag of meow mix, so I know that she HAS heard of it. So, I said it again, "Meow Mix, Meow Mix". She says I have never heard of "yowmix" and goes on to tell me how there are so many brands that you could never know them all, with all the wierd names for pet food. I said, Mom you know them, "Big Yellow bag, Kitties on it" I went further and spelled it M-e-o-w M-i-x! She busted laughing, she ended up telling my sister (the good one) since she was hearing what she wanted to hear and not what I was saying MEOW MIX. Was kinda funny!