1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Daily Dose

Get the last 24hrs of new topics delivered to your inbox.

Click Here to Subscribe

Bewildered - New Years Eve Alone

Discussion in 'General' started by wildfirewildone, Jan 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wildfirewildone

wildfirewildone Well-Known Member

:frown: I ended up spending the evening alone and being online when the New Year arrived.....a group of residents were downstairs and planned on getting pizza and passing the arrival of 2007 together....I went down intending to join in....For 1 person my single $1 to put in wasn't good enough...kept saying "they" were putting in $3 apiece....I tried to explain that it's the end of the month [most everyone gets their check on the first and had theirs on Friday because of the holiday and I don't get mine till the 3rd as I'm on Disability] and the group "leader" was insistant along with others that we have to order from the pizza place across the street [as usual] To top it all most everyone wanted the Supreme as they like everything on it.....I hate it all the crap and I got frustrated at not being heard and my suggestion seemed to be moot.....Also I don't think the pizza across the street is all that great...and the other times they always get pizza from there....I am a person who likes to try something new once in a while......So I just wheeled myself out of the room and someone kept yelling for me to come back and where I was going....just said HOME....and here I am.....To be perfectly honest I was seething before that....Before the pizza conversation someone mentioned that a drunk individual man had tried to "acquaint" himself with someone's 14 yr. old daughter....and it was all I needed to hear to start having some blip memories and I just felt so enraged!!!! Then the "leader" of the group started to pass this dude's actions off as he was drunk and didn't know what he was doing [Everyone knows he's a drunk] ....that was for me like setting off my PTSD FIREWORKS!!!! But I kept my feelings underwrap then when the shit came up concerning the pizza I was loaded!!!! I just got home and screamed in my head for awhile....Then got here.....:angry-fla don't know if I want to cry or rant BIGTIME.....I guess I'm upset too as I don't want any little girl to end up with PTSD just because some adult male can use being drunk as an excuse for his misbehavior!!!! And to hear another person care more about the drunk than that child infuriates me!!!! DAMN!!!!!!:finger: :drugs: ...wildfirewildone....KEEPING THE PEACE

2. Register to participate in live chat, PTSD discussion and more.
  3. permban0077

permban0077 Policy Enforcement Banned

Well, simply put what a shitty way to start the new year! I know what you mean about the drunk ass hole... Some people would rather brush it off and excuse instead of do anything. You cannot help that, it is still typical behavior (ignore it it did not really happen). If you know who and who I would say let the parents know!

Pizza was not the issue even if annoying but at least you saw that. You did well getting out of a situation that could have been and was bad for you.

I sat around reading my PTSD books as the new year rang in. And still up. It is just watching the clock flip... Not a biggie and sounds like you did not miss out on much. Give yourself credit you tried, more than some of can say! They will probably be too messed up to even remember the new year came :)