• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Supporter Bf Has Ptsd..nightmares Really Bad Right Now--withdrawing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chica

New Here
He is a good man who has done things in combat he can't reconcile. His nightmares are really bad right now and he is withdrawing to "protect" me. He thinks he might wake up and hurt me so will not come around. I know it's not me. his " go to" therapist isn't available right now...How do I help without pressure?

Hello Chica,
Welcome. Come on over to the supporters section - lots of amazing people who will listen and give advice when needed. I'm sorry he is having such a tough time right now - combat does awful things to our heros. When will his "go to" therapist be available? Can you call them and tell them its an emergency?

Also, don't forget to take care of yourself!
Sisu

Thank you, I'm new to forums so trying to navigate my way around...not very successfully! I will try to find the supporters section.

I have no way of contacting his "go to". He spoke with him last night but briefly since therapist is taking care of family member... BF is keeping a very large distance between us (to "protect" me) and I think he would feel I was intruding even if I could get in touch with his therapist...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back