1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Daily Dose

Get the last 24hrs of new topics delivered to your inbox.

Click Here to Subscribe

Big Day Busy Week - Children Looking After Their Parents

Discussion in 'Social' started by sibemom, Oct 30, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sibemom

sibemom Active Member

Well today I meet with another advocate to help get my SSD claim approved. We are into the second denial FIGURES. So this woman is going to go over my file, even though I have attorneys on it, another set of eyes sure does not hurt. I guess with the personal injury claim against the woman that hit me, and with this issue I do find that these things make my days a bit harder to deal. My doc insists that when you try and fight for yourself the waiting on decisions can acutually make your healing time longer, but you still have to fight for what is right for yourself and your family. Then the rest of the week is Doctor appointments, PT, and then taking my son to the airport to leave for his new duty station in Japan. The good thing about that though is my oldest son is already stationed in Japan so he will at least get to see his little bro once and awhile. It never quits here there is always something. One thing I do want to add is that my boys are very good at keeping tabs on mom. They all have these phone over internet devices so they can call ALOT. My oldest son informed me yesterday that he is hiring a woman to come and be my housekeeper 2 times a week. That was so sweet because he is right there are somethings that I just can not keep up with and he knows how much having a nice tidy home makes me feel good. I HAVE GREAT KIDS. He is also chipping in with his brothers to buy us a Dish Washer, on the suggestion of my mom. See the tables turn I AM SUPPOSE TO TAKE CARE OF THEM but in this case they are looking out for me. Thus the upstanding nature of a MARINE/SODLIER They always have your back. Wish me luck this week it is going to be a LONG ONE.

2. Register to participate in live chat, PTSD discussion and more.
  3. anthony

anthony Renovation Aficionado Founder

Ann, they are some very great kids you have there. All I can say, is well done to you and your husband for raising them with such love to have these attitudes. If only all parents used more love and less violence, the world would be a much nicer place to live.

4. permban0077

permban0077 Policy Enforcement Banned

Ditto on what Anthony said! Good luck this week and just try to take it a day at a time, sometimes half days even!

5. permban0008

permban0008 Policy Enforcement Banned

Ann,

I have a little boy (toddler) and I hope that he grows up to love me just like your boys obviously love you. Let them take care of you for a bit. Surely you have spent many a sleepless night and still do worrying about their welfare. Doing practical, helpful things is what boys do best. I hope your boys keep safe and well, particularly the one in Iraq.