• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

News Blueberries Show Promise As Treatment For Post-traumatic Stress Disorder

Status
Not open for further replies.
Real money was spent of this huh? This actually makes me want to throw up.
If you read the study, its actually quite interesting. The study was done on rats given PTSD, and the issue is that SSRI's affect areas they believe counter the use of the SSRI to begin with. Blueberries, it seems, give the exact same effect as SSRI's to serotonin, except they don't affect the other areas believed to counter the effect.

It is actually very interesting research, to be honest, regardless how silly it sounds.

Blueberries, it seems, give the exact same effect as SSRI's to serotonin, except they don't affect the other areas believed to counter the effect.
Don't get me wrong Anthony. I have no doubt that this is real stuff. I am just waiting for big P to counter with a study that states that blueberries are horrible for humanity (arsenic in their seeds or something), so as to blow the competition out of the water.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back