• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Book Club Chit Chat Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's great that you can read so much :)

That started when I was 14. My first book I ever remember sitting down to read all by myself with no one making me, was All Quiet On The Western Front by Erich Remarque. I found it in a pile of my mother's books from her college days. I still have that copy, it's all old and faded with my mother's writing in it from notes she took. She missed a lot of important stuff about the plot and foreshadowing stuff ( for anyone who as read it; English boots!) I have a collectors edition as well that has amazing drawing and paintings in it and then I have another edition for my own notes.

Then I was hooked and then started my love of books. I would have books all over my bed with about a foot of space for me to sleep. I would stay up until 3 or 4 in the morning on school nights and read and read. I would have to be awake at 6 for school but I never regretted it and did that for years. I would read during class and my teachers would take away my books. I got poor grades because I was so tired but reading was my way of escaping the sexual abuse and depression I was going threw at the time.

My reading slowed down a bit after I got out of high school. Since I got married it's up and down.

Have to enjoy something, right? :D

I just got War Horse in the mail! :) Took only two days.

Small book, big typing. Looks like a book for Young Adults. Which I think it is...This is not bad, just an observation.

I put in on the shelf of the end table. Can't read it yet, otherwise I will have nothing to talk about in the discussion.

Small book, big typing. Looks like a book for Young Adults. Which I think it is...This is not bad, just an observation.

I noticed that. Then again, Harry Potter was written for children as well.

I'm looking forward to reading it but as I'm a softie with animals, I will possibly cry. Why oh why did I suggest it. Damn moving out of the comfort zone:eek:.

I would like to read another series on the side of all this... if anyone has one in mind that would make good reading and discussion... I'm in.

I can pick up my two copies of the next two books from today and I must say I would never have read War Horse by my own decision, so to speak. But that's exactly why I like this Book Club and I have had so many books come my way, not one had nothing to tell me. ;)

Earths children is good, though I never read the whole thing.

I looked up "best book series" and found this list on amazon... Mostly I found fantasy novels...

Eragon

Dead Link Removed

Chronicles of Narnia

Dead Link Removed

Harry Potter

Dead Link Removed

I looked at some lists. I keep finding kid books and fantasy.

Hmmm... I can't think of anything else. I see series books mostly in romance and young adults.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back