• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Book List

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a suggestion; started to read this two weeks ago and it's really well written:

'Angela's Ashes' by Frank McCourt.

Link: Dead Link Removed

---

And would like to suggest also this one:

'A Thousand Splendid Suns' by Khaled Hosseini

I haven't read this one yet, but did read 'The Kite Runner', his first novel. Excellent!

---

As for something real funny (I find):

'Alien's Survival Manual: An Outsider's Guide to the Planet Earth' by Serena Gray

Sorry there's not much info provided, but I have the book and will scan a page or two in the next couple of days and upload. It really is hilarious, but not available on Kindle and only available as a used book, I suppose.

Attached is one complete part of the book titled 'Galet Galeta, from the Third Moon of Borzone' (Galet Galeta is an alien who reports about an evening out with a human friend), as well as the dedication page, and the cover. Usually, I read on public transport and this book had me in tears several times with people looking but amused. :) Of course, it's a matter of what type of humor you like. This certainly is very dry (as we refer to it), ironic and sarcastic.

Attachments

• aliens_guide_PDF.pdf
    248.3 KB · Views: 144
Last edited by a moderator:
I'm listening to a book called "Pack of Two". There is an amazing amount of insight into our behavior in regards to self image and relationships.

Just in case anyone's looking for a very good read.

Hi Mercy, as Anthony says above. I think you need to be an active member to recommend a book for the monthly read.
I have read and participated in Warhorse and Running with scissors. Does that make me a participating member? Please also tell me what Jan2013's book is. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back