• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Book List

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would like to suggest The Hiding Place by Corie Ten Boom. Her family is Dutch and her father is a watch repairman. It is excellently written with much fore shadowing. After the Nazi invasion of the Netherlands, Corrie and her family help the underground hide Jewish people and find them secret places to stay. Of course, they are eventually caught. The rest of the book is a story of victory and strength of character over the evil in work camps and concentration camps. I reread this book at least every two years. It really helps when I feel stuck in or out of therapy.

Last edited by a moderator:
It has been suggested to me that I read the following books. Maybe we could include them in the book club list.

The Enlightened Gardner by Sydney banks

In the spring of 1968, four practicing psychologists travel from the United States to England for a conference at a charming 17th-century hotel. There, the four doctors hope to gain some new insight about the nature of the human Mind that can be shared with their respective patients. As they cross the Atlantic and leave behind the turbulent social and political landscape of late-1960s America, they can have no way of knowing that the revelations they seek will come not from the "experts" at the conference but from the hotel's wise and mysterious groundskeeper...

Enlightened Gardner Revisited

In this sequel to The Enlightened Gardener, two colleagues return to England to meet once again with the remarkable gardener, whose simple yet profound philosophy made such a difference to their lives. Their questions, and the gardener’s inspiring answers, help the reader gain a deeper understanding of the message of wisdom and hope presented by the Three Principles of Mind, Consciousness and Thought.

You can see more of Sydney Banks books here.

http://www.sydneybanks.org/publications.html

One of my all time favorite authors for fiction was Tom Robbins. I have read almost all of his books. He was quirky with a flare for words and I found him fascinating.

I've rediscovered books lately and now I discovered this book club... Oh my goodness... how am I ever going to be able to read all these good books...! Where should I start???

I too have just discovered this book club - yay.

My suggestions are "A million little pieces" by James Frey

"My friend Leonard" also by James Frey.

My suggestions are "A million little pieces" by James Frey "My friend Leonard" also by James Frey.
Cavy, I'm sorry but recommendations are only accepted from active Book Club members. That is those who are actively reading and discussing books.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back