1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Daily Dose

Get the last 24hrs of new topics delivered to your inbox.

Click Here to Subscribe

Books

Discussion in 'General' started by Seeking_Nirvana, Sep 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Seeking_Nirvana

Seeking_Nirvana I'm a VIP

I would like to buy some of the books suggested but since I'm not working they seem to be a little steep for my budget. I thought about buying from e-bay, but the other people can see what I've bought. I've already bought one book about "Healing the Trauma" from e-bay and it didn't do me much good.

Does anyone here sell their books when they are done reading them? I'm thinking privacy would be an issue for some, but I'm not worried about that here.

If anyone has any suggestions please let me know.

Tammy

2. Register to participate in live chat, PTSD discussion and more.
  3. Kathy

Kathy I'm a VIP

Have you thought of your local library Tammy? Many of the books Anthony mentions, I found in the library initially, borrowed and read them before purchasing. Forgive me if you've already done so and simply wish to have your own copies. Second hand bookstores often have these books for a more affordable price. We found one on that list at a used bookstore for $6, and it was in excellent condition. And with the advent of the internet, many used booksellers do special ordering as well.

4. permban0077

permban0077 Policy Enforcement Banned

I would look on Amazon too. Many books have a used option and the prices are much lower.

5. Seeking_Nirvana

Seeking_Nirvana I'm a VIP

I looked at the used versions on Amazon and they wern't much cheaper. I think the library is a fine idea. I didn't know or think they would have these type of books there. I don't need my own copy so I will go to the library and see what they have.

Thanks
    Tammy

6. permban0077

permban0077 Policy Enforcement Banned

If your library does not have it see if they have a loan program from other libraries. Out here if they do not have the book you write the book info and your name and they get it on loan from one of the other libraries for you and call when it comes in.