1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Brain Training

Discussion in 'Discussion' started by anthony, Apr 26, 2010.

1. anthony

anthony MyPTSD Admin Staff Member Premium Member

It is scientifically proven that we can create brand new brain cells through stimulating our brains specific areas that have become lacking. For those with PTSD, many would understand that memory in general is one such area. Nintendo have had their brain training exercises out for some time now, all clinically backed. They are a good solution if you have spare cash to throw around, or, if you just want to stimulate the old brain when online to help improve your memory, there is one website that stands out beyond all else, which is backed with scientific study to prove results, being Lumosity.

If I didn't rate it that highly, I wouldn't waste my breathe recommending it to the thousands of forum readers. It works, and not just for PTSD, but for anyone to help stimulate their brain, especially as we get older. Science has proved these memory games restimulate brain cell growth, thus holding back issues like alzheimer's and other memory conditions, along with those caused through abnormal trauma.

Do yourself a favour if your memory is causing you great concern. Either use a credible online source or get yourself the Nintendo DS with brain memory games.
  2. anni

anni Bucephalus ( an old war horse ) Premium Member

My comp disallowed me to go to the link. The blurb says the link may be outdated, which is of course nonsense since you've just posted this. Something to do with my server here in the US maybe?
  3. catjudo

catjudo VIP Member Premium Member

4. popeye

popeye New Member

[QUOTE=;][/QUOTE]I actually know that this works because my father suffered brain damage with his massive heart attack. My mom bought a nintendo ds to occupy herself while sitting in the hospital with him all day since she wasn't allowed to bring her laptop. After awhile my dad started playing around with it and we noticed that more of his memories were coming back. Nothing spectacular but it was little things like birthdays and other things.
  5. anni

anni Bucephalus ( an old war horse ) Premium Member

[QUOTE=;][/QUOTE]I'd heard of this but never in connection with PTSD. It makes sense. The kids have these so if I can get past the frustration of setting the thing up I'll give it a try.
  6. James B.

James B. New Member Premium Member

[QUOTE=;][/QUOTE]I checked out the Lumosity site. That's really cool, fun too. Thanks for the tip.