• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Brain yoga ~ does it really decrease anxiety

Status
Not open for further replies.

lostforgottensoul

MyPTSD Pro
So I wasnt sure where to put this, as its about a game but also about anxiety.

I was looking for a new game in google play (its easier to get a short URL to share from iTunes sites) and I go for real hard puzzle games or I get bored earlily. I came across one called Brain Yoga that looked intresting.

Dead Link Removed

It's got the puzzle (likely not hard) and anxiety decrease in it. I was wonderimg if anyone has playes this. Does it really decrease anxiety?

@shimmerz, yeah I LOVE LOVE LOVE puzzle games as it is. The harder the better in my case as its hard to keep my brain focused.

Im just wondering if this particular one helps the anxiety as it says. I havent had a chance to try it yet.

So I wasnt sure where to put this, as its about a game but also about anxiety.

I was looking...

I just glanced at the title of your post and literally , as soon as I registered the words ' brain' and 'yoga' I felt tension...then my brain registered the word ' puzzle' and 'anxiety' and I felt panicky.

So no, not for me would brain yoga be useful. But I bet its worth exploring for less resistant people, that aren't intimidated by new thought processes. Like combining stretchy exercise with thinking hard.

Like combining stretchy exercise with thinking hard.

Haha!

I used to do yoga, a lot. Loved it! Its a very calm but good exercise.

Puzzle games are my prefered, actually only types of games on my phone i play other than 8 ball pool and pool is all geometry so my eyes are always tracing and brain is kept distracted.

I MUST have as hard of a puzzle game as I can get. The way my brain works is non-stop calculating. I think they call it analytical. Not sure if i fit that catigory but it just never stops calculating, analizing, solving problems, as many back up plans i can think of etc. So ive found that i cant seem to keep attention on anything that isnt very hard puzzles. Hard mazes are good too.

So its puzzles (not sure how hard, im gonna try it out tonight) and some form of yoga something. Probably some music or something.

It sounds like a Lumosity knock off. Lumosity games are EXPENSIVE on android. Im like f*ck that!

Anyway, i'll find out soon. If not tonight then tomorrow.

Haha!

I used to do yoga, a lot. Loved it! Its a very calm but good exercise.

Puzzle games...

I know what you mean about having to have your mind totally focused all the time. I have a weird affliction about details though, I cant take in small and tangled feeling intricate details. I literally feel nauseous and dizzy if someone tries to make me like, look at their grandma's cross stitch needle point or read the extra tiny badly translated print that came with my refurbished Toshiba.

I can look at something very complicated and immediately grasp the total concept and about 3 tiers down in infrastructure, then I point at other people and bark at them to figure out the little stuff because I dont want to lose my 'concept ' . Lol.

One of my kids went through a phase of drawing super tiny detailed war scenes in pencil and was always trying to show them to me.

I was like " Oh my God, get that away from me, yes honey nice, I cant see it somethings in my eye, just tell me what it is. "

I wonder what caused the difference, I bet the obsessive mind occupation was from trauma, but why would some think large and some think intricate and tiny?

I bet one of us is smarter than the other, usually the smarter kid isn't the one with the giant coloring book. Haha

I have a book entitled BRAIN BOOT CAMP by Dr. Douglas J. Mason. When I play it, my mind is so fully occupied that there is no room for anxiety. It has an electronic coach that gives you multiple choice questions that you answer and then the coach tells you if you answered correctly or not. I recommend it highly as a brain game and a cure for anxiety.

Puzzles make my anxiety go through the roof (maths teachers in my youth actually called me stupid multiple times when I have dyscalculia), but I play video games quite a bit. As long as my brain is fully engaged, it kind of squashes out the anxiety. There's a game called Stardew Valley where the focus is on farming and mining and that helps a lot.

maths teachers in my youth actually called me stupid multiple times when I have dyscalculia

Im dyslexic as well but wasnt diagnosed until my early 20s. I was also called stupid but the truth is, dyslexics are normally very smart and very artist.

I was tested in the 10th grade. I was reading on a 7th grade level (thus called stupid) but was doing all other studies at 12th grade or college level.

So i know you arent stupid! :hug:

I have a weird affliction about details though, I cant take in small and tangled feeling intricate details. I literally feel nauseous and dizzy if someone tries to make me like, look at their grandma's cross stitch needle point or read the extra tiny badly translated print that came with my refurbished Toshiba.

Haha! My brain is weird for sure. I have this one game that I adore called Funzy Bloc. You have a ball inside of a mazed block or square, that you can only twist left or right to make the ball fall, moving around the maze, not getting crushed by other blocks, and get the ball in the hole.

When i first turn the game on, my brain is already turning the square in my mind, my imagination and figuring out which way is best to go there there there and so forth.

I can only go about 5 turns ahead like that but i am turning it before i turn it if that makes sense. I get to that 5th turn and i stop and do it again.

Actually, the only thing with puzzle games is getting frustrated that its either too easy thus cant keep attention on it or frustrated that i missed something easy and give up on it.

I struggle to find hard enough games and get bored with them so on the search for new ones every so many weeks.

usually the smarter kid isn't the one with the giant coloring book. Haha

Bahaha!

I hate thinking smart vs not-smart. I dont really classify anyone this way nor do I myself. My therapist was pointing out things he saw about my intelligence saying I was in "upper level intelligence" and I got mad at him lol. I do not classify myself in that way at all.

He was saying things about my humor too. He's just trying to point out good traits.

my mind is so fully occupied that there is no room for anxiety.

Yeah, that. My brain has to be fully focused and occupied and if I can get it that way, its a great distractor.

Thats why i was wondering on how hard theae games are. It looks like a good mixture where you can choose what you want to do.

I havent tried it out but promise I will.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back