• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Brain Zaps, Zaps All Over Body

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been doing some research and, for those weaning themselves off antidepressants, brain zaps are common. I have never taken antidepressants, but have struggled with these debilitating shocks in my head and everywhere else in the body for over 2 years...no neurologist understands why I have them...I have had all my nerves tested as well.

Anytime of the day or night. I have found nothing to trigger them, they just strike out of nowh...
Ok. I have something similar, like bolts through my body. They usually come when I close my eyes and try to relax. Found an explanation in a book, since I'm a bit dissociative they can be intrusions from a part. Like someone saying "Dont you relax, youre NOT safe". Almost funny.

Don't know if this helps but it came to mind when I read your post.

For so long I thought I was going crazy because no one understood what I meant by brain zaps. I used to get them mostly when weaning off anti-d meds like you said. There were other times as well but mostly related to meds for depression. I haven't experienced them through my body that I can remember.

I hope you get some relief from this!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back