• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Sufferer Brief History Of Me!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Codladh

New Here
I am a 34 yr old single mum. I am going through treatment for ptsd and depression for the past 3 years. My children are what have kept me alive...I have 2 modes; 1.strong mum who can pay a mortgage, take care of kids, support friends and family,and keep everything going......then there is the second mode. I fall apart,cry,panic, feel overwhelming fear,freeze in horrible flashbacks, get confused and struggle with simple tasks like food shopping. I can never understand how I can be both these people simultaneously. After suffering horrible csa and being attacked in my early 20's,then being beaten and threatened by my children's father.....I was suprisingly ok for a long time. Then one day I just started to shake and stammer and then all the rest followed. .........it's a lonely flippin condition.

It is lonely until you became involved here. We DO understand. We DO hear you. We all are at different stages of healing so someone and usually many, will relate.
Glad you are here. A lot of support and encouragement here. Hope we see you around.

I am a 34 yr old single mum. I am going through treatment for ptsd and depression for the past 3 years....

It's so good you are at this forum sharing this because we all connect and support here. We all are in various stages of abuse and recovery and feel the strong need to connect to others. This forum will try to help on those dark days where you feel held hostage by fear numbing thoughts, and on your good days when you break the bind of hostage thoughts also. Much compassion to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back