• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Research Can Ptsd Be Faked Or Not By A Person?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think a better question would be "can someone fake PTSD *consistently*?" To which the answer is no. Eve...

J'qel what a perfect explanation you provided, THANK YOU! My brain can't think well lately and put pieces of anything together well anymore (not like I used to be able to at all, and I was an Accountant for many years LOL)...I just don't trust myself because I'm not sure which of me is the real me anymore (I'm guessing that makes sense, my brain literally hurts in pain and not a migraine). I am going to re read all from today again tomorrow, to absorb it all better.

Anyway, long story short, I'm trying something new out - I created three different usernames to see if I can tell when I am in which place...ok, I know that may sound funny but I have not recognized my triggers for 15 years, until after this past Nov when I attempted Suicide. I'm just trying to see if I can tell the difference so if you see a different username asking a question and it sounds like my story (again, if read any of my previous posts), this is why it lists a different username (I'm a dorky writer sometimes, I know).
@Jadie Rose can I just check, do you mean that you've created three user names here for this site, or to the site you've tried to link to?

I created three different usernames to see if I can tell when I am in which place... I'm just trying to see if I can tell the difference so if you see a different username asking a question and it sounds like my story (again, if read any of my previous posts), this is why it lists a different username (I'm a dorky writer sometimes, I know).
Creativity can be a very powerful part of recovery - or so I've been told, anyway!

Creativity can be a very powerful part of recovery - or so I've been told, anyway!
Thank you, for that, I REALLY needed to hear that because I felt really embarrassed after admitting that! Worried people, sometimes, won't want to answer my posts anymore because as I am figuring this all out (at a rapid speed right now, after a couple years of going through SO MANY P's & T's and now having trauma P & T's) I may do some "different" things since all coming out so fast right now. Really appreciate your words, Allie D. :)

Can PTSD be faked or not?

Well I don't know. But if someone feels the need to fake PTSD or any other...
So true, I am now just figuring out! It seems it would be impossible to fake any of this and keep story straight and the physiological factors that go with each "of the moment" realization. I was scared and needed to ask the question as I was just noticing there were two of me in my head and I could not quite grasp that and become comfortable with it, yet. Luckily I have a team of three - one P (who apparently is the best in my city for PTSD) and two trauma T's - and I now realize none of this could be faked with all three of them. Thank you for your share...what a (I don't even know what word to place here) "something(?)" journey LOL.

Some people like to play the system but I don't think PTSD is an easy one to do it with. I've found that...
Zoogal, that is so true about PTSD being a hard one to try and do it with. For lack of a better analogy, it feels like a "freaky Friday" kind of experience inside. No one I know has PTSD and I came to realize how could I fake any of this when I have no basis to even fake it off...just strange days, recently, is all. So GLAD this forum is in existence!!!! I do not know how I would get through any of this if it weren't for some people here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back