• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Can PTSD Cause Shaking?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh thankgoodness! I didn't know it was PTSD either, but people kept commenting about my hands and body shaking and my therapist thought maybe it was the meds. So it's good to know. But geez more PTSD symptoms? Like we don't have enough with the flashbacks, triggers, dreams etc.

I shake almost constantly. My body is tense and clenched. I twitch a lot also. It can be exhausting. I try to be sure to do yoga as regularly as I am able, go on walks with my dog, stretch and focus on my breathing. These things don't take away the shaking and twitching but they definitely help give me relief, even if only temporarily.

The shaking was the first symptom I was aware of and wanting to get it stopped was a major factor in my going to see a doctor in the first place.
I understand you wanting to help. The hand shaking itself can't be treated first. The best thing "from my experience is not to mention it" when it is happening because I can guarantee it bothers him more than our does you. It can be embarrassing to have that symptom. I know it was for me. As you said he is starting to open up more and more then the problem we get better as long as he is getting help. Our body's love to let us know when something is wrong. Like having anxiety a lot of people think a pull is the answer. While medication can help they rarely cure people. And in the case of anxiety they never cute it they only alleviate it. The anxiety is the sign of a deeper problem. I hope I have helped in at least one way. Good luck and I hope the best

I shake every night I scream I yell I jump out of bed to hide I've even cut myself with broken plate and NONE of it I'm conciuos for and wake up have wet myself!!! The screaming in my head never goes !!

Yes, shaking is a symptom... but it is also a symptom of other things too. With help it will stop. Good luck...
Sometime my legs shake and feel like they are going to give out on me

PTSD does cause shaking and I never this symptom before but was terribly triggered last summer and stuttered. I could not talk it all. It affects you whole body but please when you get symptoms just remember they will go away and whatever triggered the reaction is not happening now and you are in control.
Much love,
Gloria

It definitely does for me. In fact it probably adds to the agoraphobic/social phobic side of things - in...
That's how it is for me too. Especially when I try and talk about anything, except mine isn't from war. It's from living on a Rez.

I believe that shaking can be a release of fear, just as crying is a release of grief or anger. When I'...

Not to be gross or anything but in the first relationship I started (and ended lol) post-PTSD I used to shake like crazy sometimes during and then right after sex. And the sex wasn't anything great haha...They were like full body tremors. I don't have any sexual trauma in my past, so I think it was more of a positive, trust sort of reaction. Forgot all about that until I read this thread. The shaking was quite pronounced.

Yea! I get the shakes when I have a panic attack, my speech goes as well, and my mouth goes dry?

It's so embarrassing, I just want to disappear down a hole? Sometimes my hands shake so much, that I can't even roll a cigarette?

Then the frustration sets in, which leads to anger, and before I know it, I'm off on one!

It can take a long time for me to calm down, then other times it's all over in a minute or so, there is no set pattern to it, then I feel guilty.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back