• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Can You Help? Can't Stand Contact With My Husband

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Saphire

can you help? I got diagnosed with ptsd this summer just gone, I can stand my husband touching,hugging or even sleeping in the same bed..... I have to bath myself. It's killing our marriage. I feel he is dirty and I can't cope with getting close, is this the same for anyone else ?

@Sapphire... Welcome to the forums :)

Posts deep in old threads often get lost (people don't see a new question midThread, and even if they do, most responses will be at the OP). My suggestion would be to create a new thread of your own for people to respond to, probably here https://www.myptsd.com/forums/ptsd-relationships.21/ in PTSD-Relationships to get responses to your specific questions.

I feel for you. I've been feeling this way lately too. I think for me it ties into feeling like he only loves me for my body and sex. Usually it's when he's being emotionally distant and then tries to touch me...that disgusts me, because it's like all he cares about is my body and using me as a sexual object, and not about me as a person. I'm not sure how to fix it though. I think it's a common problem for those who have been sexually abused. I wish I knew what to say to make it better. Maybe talk to him and let him know how you feel and maybe just talking it out will help more than you think. Also has he done anything that would make you feel betrayed or that you can't trust him?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back